Review: could Klonopin cause Incontinence?
Summary: Incontinence is found among people who take Klonopin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lovenox, and have Pain.
We study 28,821 people who have side effects while taking Klonopin from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Klonopin and have Incontinence >>>
Klonopin has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 31,340 Klonopin users)
Incontinence (lack of moderation or self-control) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 5,802 Incontinence patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 28,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin. Among them, 75 people (0.26%) have Incontinence.
Time on Klonopin when people have Incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Incontinence when taking Klonopin * :
Age of people who have Incontinence when taking Klonopin * :
Severity of Incontinence when taking Klonopin ** :
How people recovered from Incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (18 people, 24.00%)
- Depression (13 people, 17.33%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 13.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 13.33%)
- Multiple sclerosis (9 people, 12.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lovenox (22 people, 29.33%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 26.67%)
- Oxycontin (18 people, 24.00%)
- Lamictal (17 people, 22.67%)
- Prozac (16 people, 21.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Amber (3 years ago):
36 y/o female, mixed breeding (1/2 German, 1/4 American Salinian Tribe & 1/4 Mexican). I've been on clonazopam for about 3 months now and still have incontinence problems everyday to the point of having to wear incontinence pads everyday. The med works great for my panic disorder. This is the only side effect I have.
Reply the comment
elio (4 years ago):
I use Klonopin for a sleep disorder. They say that it is a very low side effect (incontinece). Are thee any other product than adult briefs for sleeping.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of klonopin and incontinence on
Do you have Incontinence while taking Klonopin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Klonopin and have Incontinence
- support group for people who take Klonopin
- support group for people who have Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Abilify, Viibryd for a 33-year old woman with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Psychosis, Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Sensory Hallucinations
Recent Klonopin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.