Review: could Klonopin cause Incontinence?
Summary: Incontinence is found among people who take Klonopin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lovenox, and have Pain.
We study 28,821 people who have side effects while taking Klonopin from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Klonopin and have Incontinence >>>
Klonopin has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 31,327 Klonopin users)
Incontinence (lack of moderation or self-control) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 5,801 Incontinence patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 28,812 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin. Among them, 75 people (0.26%) have Incontinence.
Time on Klonopin when people have Incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Incontinence when taking Klonopin * :
Age of people who have Incontinence when taking Klonopin * :
Severity of Incontinence when taking Klonopin ** :
How people recovered from Incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (18 people, 24.00%)
- Depression (13 people, 17.33%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 13.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 13.33%)
- Multiple sclerosis (9 people, 12.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lovenox (22 people, 29.33%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 26.67%)
- Oxycontin (18 people, 24.00%)
- Lamictal (17 people, 22.67%)
- Prozac (16 people, 21.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Amber (3 years ago):
36 y/o female, mixed breeding (1/2 German, 1/4 American Salinian Tribe & 1/4 Mexican). I've been on clonazopam for about 3 months now and still have incontinence problems everyday to the point of having to wear incontinence pads everyday. The med works great for my panic disorder. This is the only side effect I have.
Reply the comment
elio (4 years ago):
I use Klonopin for a sleep disorder. They say that it is a very low side effect (incontinece). Are thee any other product than adult briefs for sleeping.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of klonopin and incontinence on
Do you have Incontinence while taking Klonopin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Klonopin and have Incontinence
- support group for people who take Klonopin
- support group for people who have Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
Recent Klonopin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Silenor, Clonazepam for a 66-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Klonopin for a 48-year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Comparions of Black Cohosh, Evening Primrose, Clonazepam, Cloxacillin Sodium for a 45-year old woman who has Mastitis
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.