Review: could Klonopin cause Tingling and numbness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 28,556 people who take Klonopin. Among them, 40 have Tingling and numbness. See who they are, when they have Tingling and numbness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Klonopin (latest outcomes from 31,081 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Klonopin include nausea, nausea aggravated, depression, stress and anxiety, depression aggravated.
Tingling and numbness
Tingling and numbness (abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your fingers, hands, feet, arms, or legs) (latest reports from 29,042 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 9, 2014: 27,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin. Among them, 38 people (0.14%) have Tingling And Numbness.
Time on Klonopin when people have Tingling and numbness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tingling and numbness||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tingling and numbness when taking Klonopin * :
|Tingling and numbness||58.97%||41.03% |
Age of people who have Tingling and numbness when taking Klonopin * :
|Tingling and numbness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.62%||6.25%||40.62%||34.38%||3.12% |
Severity of Tingling and numbness when taking Klonopin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tingling and numbness||16.67%||16.67%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Tingling and numbness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (13 people, 34.21%)
- Breast cancer (8 people, 21.05%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (8 people, 21.05%)
- Anaemia (7 people, 18.42%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 15.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (16 people, 42.11%)
- Prilosec (10 people, 26.32%)
- Claritin (8 people, 21.05%)
- Fluorouracil (8 people, 21.05%)
- Cipro (8 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Klonopin, Tingling and numbness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Klonopin (clonazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Klonopin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Klonopin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Klonopin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Klonopin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Started with flu-like symptoms 2.5 years ago and has progressed to exhaustion, fatigue. muscles feel like I have ran a marithon to walk minimal distance (like from couch to bathroom--arms and legs, falling asleep driving-even while talking on phone. Cannot concentrate to get work done. Feel ill. Altered time perception-used to be early for everything, now late. Hurt all over still in my joints. started hands and feet, then moved to hips, then all joints. seems to move at times from hands and feet to hips. if weather is bad--i hurt worse.
From this study (4 years ago):
I've taken three doses of Avelox, one on the first evening, one the next morning, and one this morning a few hours ago. I'm experiencing side effects that are considered rare such as increased heart rate, tingling and clammy skin on hands and feet, nausea, and anxiety.
The reason i am on this page was that, since I am prescribed Klonopin 2mg, and wanted to to take it to calm myself, but am afraid that it would not interact well and make matters worse.
I called my doctor an hour or so ago, and it was recommended i stop taking it rather than continuing for the remaining 4 days, and is going to put me on penicillin of some sort. I didn't worry about the Klonopin until after the conversation, and haven't asked.
I am concerned, for other forums about the side effects proved to be very awful for others, some who had taken it longer than I. Some of these posts mentioned long term effects and, in some cases, they were seemingly irreversible.
I am worried, as I can handle very strange symptoms, since I had cancer 7-8 years ago, and due to my tolerance for most anything, when distracted and resting, I told my mother not to take me to the E.R.
I don't know if I should go or take my sedative and just ride it out until tomorrow until I've flushed it out with fluids.
From this study (5 years ago):
sometimes i wonder if all these just counter act eachother.. if my other health problems are induced due to all the meds.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Klonopin, Tingling and numbness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
More reviews for: Klonopin, Tingling and numbness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Clonazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Fatigue. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Depression, Crying, Tremor, Gait Abnormal Nos, Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult)), Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Nausea, Difficulty Falling Asleep (Insomnia), Balance Impaired Nos, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Numbness And Tingling, Confusion, Headache, Choking (Acute upper airway obstruction), Heart Rate Irregular, Postural Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Focalin Xr, Lamictal, Klonopin, Avelox for a patient with Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Mood Disorder, Anxiety, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion. The patient has Heart Rate Increased, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Nausea, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall Xr 30, Lamictal, Prozac, Klonopin, Lorazepam, Zyrtec, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Prilosec, Advair Diskus 250/50, Flonase, Phenergan, Albuterol, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with ADD, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Allergies, Meniere's Disease, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Vomiting, Insomnia. The patient has Headache, Migraine, Psychomotor Skills Impaired, Depression, Menstrual Disorder, Disorientation (Confusion), Vision Blurred, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Panic Attack (Panic disorder), Tremor - Arms Or Hands, Mania, Vertigo (Dizziness), Aggression Aggravated, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Speech Impairment, Abdominal Cramping, Numbness And Tingling, Mood Swings, Premenstrual Syndrome, Polycystic Ovaries (Polycystic ovary disease), Night Sweats, Metabolic Disorder, Sinus Infections, Thinking Slowed
More related studies for: Klonopin, Tingling and numbness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.