Review: could Klonopin cause Urinary retention?
Summary: Urinary retention is found among people who take Klonopin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Depression.
We study 28,812 people who have side effects while taking Klonopin from FDA and social media. Among them, 200 have Urinary retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Klonopin and have Urinary retention >>>
Klonopin has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 31,327 Klonopin users)
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 13,968 Urinary retention patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 28,812 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin. Among them, 200 people (0.69%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Klonopin when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57% |
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Klonopin * :
|Urinary retention||62.50%||37.50% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Klonopin * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||2.94%||11.27%||8.33%||33.82%||12.25%||31.37% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Klonopin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary retention||16.67%||16.67%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (47 people, 23.50%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 17.50%)
- Pain (33 people, 16.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (22 people, 11.00%)
- Insomnia (16 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (52 people, 26.00%)
- Neurontin (41 people, 20.50%)
- Celexa (36 people, 18.00%)
- Valium (35 people, 17.50%)
- Prozac (32 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of klonopin and urinary retention on
Do you have Urinary Retention while taking Klonopin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Klonopin and have Urinary Retention
- support group for people who take Klonopin
- support group for people who have Urinary Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 35-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Welchol for a 80-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
Recent Klonopin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Silenor, Clonazepam for a 66-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Klonopin for a 48-year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Comparions of Black Cohosh, Evening Primrose, Clonazepam, Cloxacillin Sodium for a 45-year old woman who has Mastitis
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.