Review: could Klonopin cause Urinary retention?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 28,556 people who take Klonopin. Among them, 192 have Urinary retention. See who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Klonopin (latest outcomes from 31,081 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Klonopin include nausea, nausea aggravated, depression, stress and anxiety, depression aggravated.
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) (latest reports from 81,649 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 27,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin. Among them, 192 people (0.70%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Klonopin when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57% |
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Klonopin * :
|Urinary retention||64.90%||35.10% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Klonopin * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||3.06%||11.73%||8.67%||35.20%||11.73%||29.59% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Klonopin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary retention||16.67%||16.67%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (47 people, 24.48%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 18.23%)
- Pain (33 people, 17.19%)
- Multiple myeloma (19 people, 9.90%)
- Insomnia (16 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (49 people, 25.52%)
- Neurontin (38 people, 19.79%)
- Celexa (33 people, 17.19%)
- Valium (32 people, 16.67%)
- Xanax (31 people, 16.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Klonopin, Urinary retention
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Klonopin (clonazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Klonopin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Klonopin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Klonopin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Klonopin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Medications improved fibromyalgia for about 1.5 years until side effects began to outweigh benefits. Tremor & myoclonic jerking seemed linked to build up of SINGULAIR, Cymbalta, SAVELLA, Elavil & Lyrica. Tremor, jerking and mood problems lessened when SINGULAIR was discontinued. Cognition improved slightly when Elavil was discontinued. Urinary retention lessened when Cymbalta dose was lowered to 40mg.
From this study (4 years ago):
just started celexa x 2 doses already exacerbated urinary retention
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Klonopin, Urinary retention
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
More reviews for: Klonopin, Urinary retention
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Cymbalta, SAVELLA, Elavil, Lunesta, Klonopin, Singulair, Synthroid, Vagifem for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain Management, Allergy Prophylaxis, Hypothyroidism, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration, Tremor, Myoclonic Jerks, Migraine, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Confusion, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Tension Headaches (Tension headache), Urinary Retention, Muscle Spasms, Sweating Increased, Tearfulness, Depression Aggravated, Mood Altered (Mood swings), Vision Blurred, Nausea, Loss Of Weight (Weight loss - unintentional), Abnormal Words Or Word Usage Nos, Dry Eyes Aggravated, Teeth Clinching (Bruxism), Teeth Grinding (Bruxism), Discolored Teeth (Tooth - abnormal colors), Job Change, Eagles Syndrome, Urinary Tract Infection, Painful Red Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Wellbutrin Sr, Abilify, Roxicet, Cardizem, Clonazepam, Folic Acid, Celebrex for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Depression, Gout - Chronic, Tachycardia, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anemia, Pain Management. The patient has Urinary Retention, Stress Incontinence
More related studies for: Klonopin, Urinary retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.