Krill oil and Thyroid - from FDA reports
Thyroid is reported only by a few people who take Krill Oil. We study 1,472 people who have side effects while taking Krill oil from FDA. Among them, 3 have Thyroid. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
1,472 people reported to have side effects when taking Krill oil.
Among them, 3 people (0.2%) have Thyroid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Thyroid when taking Krill oil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Thyroid when taking Krill oil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Narcolepsy (1 person, 33.33%)
- Cataplexy (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D3 (1 person, 33.33%)
- Melatonin (1 person, 33.33%)
- Curcumin (1 person, 33.33%)
- Armour Thyroid (1 person, 33.33%)
- Arava (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (2 people, 66.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (1 person, 33.33%)
- Flank Pain (1 person, 33.33%)
- Drug Ineffective (1 person, 33.33%)
- Constipation (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Thyroid when taking Krill oil?
- Check symptoms - is thyroid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThyroid and drugs with ingredients of krill oil.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThyroid and Krill oil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Krill oil has active ingredients of krill oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Krill oil 1,650 users)
Thyroid has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 34,911 Thyroid patients).
Browse all side effects of Krill oila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ThyroidThyroid
Could your condition cause ThyroidThyroid
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had hypothyroidism for about 15 years and even though I wasn't the best for taking my meds correctly I never really had a problem but that is until I was hospitalized in Feb. of 2017 for strep and the flu at the same time. The Dr. at the hospital upped my dosage from 200 mcg (which I had ...
Born 2008. Got diagnosed with ITP when she was Two years old. Female and starting to show start off puberty. Breasts started to develop a couple of months ago. Blood platelet count always around 10,000-20,000. Had a stomach hemorrhage 3 years ago, no other severe cases of bleeding. Occasionally ...
User reviews to the study
I'm taking cyclosporine and I'm considering taking krill oil, but I am concerned about studies indicating that cyclosporine levels in the body are reduced in people taking anti-oxidants like the substances in krill oil.
I have been on amlodipine for 6 months and have lost a lot of hair and I now have a very small nodule on my thyroid gland. I was not having the hair loss before this drug. I think it has caused this thyroid issue.