Review: could L-lysine cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is reported only by a few people who take L-lysine.
We study 145 people who have side effects while taking L-lysine from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take L-lysine and have Heart palpitations >>>
L-lysine has active ingredients of lysine. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from 215 L-lysine users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart palpitations patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 145 people reported to have side effects when taking L-lysine. Among them, 1 people (0.69%) has Heart Palpitations.
Time on L-lysine when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking L-lysine * :
|Heart palpitations||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking L-lysine * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking L-lysine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Exercise-induced asthma (1 people, 100.00%)
- Prehypertension (1 people, 100.00%)
- Herpes virus infection (1 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol sulfate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 100.00%)
- L-lysine hcl (1 people, 100.00%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of l-lysine and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking L-lysine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take L-lysine and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take L-lysine
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Extended Release for a 68-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a 21-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Recent L-lysine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.