Home > L-lysine > Rosacea > L-lysine and Rosacea
Review: could L-lysine cause Rosacea?
We study 142 people who have side effects while taking L-lysine from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Rosacea. Find out below who they are, when they have Rosacea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take L-lysine and have Rosacea >>>
L-lysine (latest outcomes from 212 users) has active ingredients of lysine. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex).
Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness) (latest reports from 10,446 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 142 people reported to have side effects when taking L-lysine. Among them, 3 people (2.11%) have Rosacea.
Time on L-lysine when people have Rosacea * :
Gender of people who have Rosacea when taking L-lysine * :
Age of people who have Rosacea when taking L-lysine * :
Severity of Rosacea when taking L-lysine ** :
How people recovered from Rosacea ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (2 people, 66.67%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mirena (2 people, 66.67%)
- Benadryl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Clobetasol propionate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin c (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ambien (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rosacea while taking L-lysine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take L-lysine and have Rosacea
- support group for people who take L-lysine
- support group for people who have Rosacea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Blocked Ear, and takes Prednisone, Lysine)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does memantine 10 mg conflict with 1mg ativan
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions, and takes Exelon)
Husband 69 diagnosed 2 yrs ago, started on EXELON patches 4.5, graduated 9.5, 1 yr added Memantine 10mg 1 x daily. Was experiencing SUNDOWNING, prescribed 1 mg ATIVAN, worked for agitation. Now getting agitated around 9 am, stopped ATIVAN in evening, giving in morn around same time as Memantine. Won ...
- Does it produce vitamin k
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Sintrom, Irregular Heartbeat)
he had stroke 5 years ago, he is taking sintrom, irregular heart beat
- Will limu products effect an outbreak in vaginal herpes for long term use?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Vaginal Herpes Outbreak, and takes L-Lysine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
I've been taking limu for a week and I'm h having a major outbreak of herpes. I take lysine daiy to minimise my outbreaks. Is there to much acid in this products for me to take and not have such a major outbreak?
- Does nexium cause enlarged veins?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Vasscular Swelling In Arms, and takes Nexium, Lysine)
Veins in right arm are enlarged
More questions for: L-lysine, Rosacea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Weight loss taking lipitor
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lost All Body Muscles And Weight Loss, Weight Loss)
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Lyrica photosensitivity
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Depression - Major, Fibromyalgia, and takes Xanax, Lyrica)
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Incontinence - Urinary, Urine Odor, and takes Garlic, L-Lysine, Midodrine Hydrochloride)
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym a ...
- Lysine relieving sciatica/back pain
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Sciatica And Genital/ Sacral Herpes, and takes Lysine)
outbreaks of sacral/ genital herpes and lower back pain and sciatica relieved within 3 weeks of taking L Lysine 2000 mgs daily
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Acne Rosacea, Acne, and takes Spironolactone)
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spiron ...
More reviews for: L-lysine, Rosacea
- A study of side effects of Alprazolam for a patient with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Indian Tumeric, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Mobic, Humira, Methotrexate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Arthritis
Comments: I am in menopause and no longer experience hot flashes. I have very low heat tolerance and often am feeling uncomfortably hot. I awake every night around 4:00 am and am drenched in sweat even tho I sleep under 2 fans in addition to AC. It takes some time to get cooled off enough to fall back to slee ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- A study of side effects of Flovent Hfa for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Acne Rosacea (acne with rosacea- skin disease)
Comments: Acne began on face about the same time I started Flonase HFA inhaler with spacer and mask, pattern of breakout consistent with mask size and placement on face.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Lexapro for a patient with ADD, Anxiety. The patient has Rosacea
Comments: Can concerta or Lexapro cause Rosacea in a 20 year old?
More related studies for: L-lysine, Rosacea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.