Review: could Lactulose cause Gas - flatulence?
Summary: Gas - flatulence is reported only by a few people who take Lactulose.
We study 13,987 people who have side effects while taking Lactulose from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Gas - flatulence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lactulose and have Gas - flatulence >>>
Lactulose has active ingredients of lactulose. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Lactulose 14,073 users)
Gas - flatulence
Gas - flatulence (act of expelling air from the intestine through anus) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Gas - flatulence 106 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 13,986 people reported to have side effects when taking Lactulose. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Gas - Flatulence.
Time on Lactulose when people have Gas - flatulence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Gas - flatulence when taking Lactulose * :
|Gas - flatulence||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Gas - flatulence when taking Lactulose * :
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Gas - flatulence when taking Lactulose ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Gas - flatulence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gas - Flatulence while taking Lactulose?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lactulose and have Gas - Flatulence
- support group for people who take Lactulose
- support group for people who have Gas - Flatulence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- What is better for motility. miralax or lactolose (1 answer)
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Gastric Hypermotility, Hard Feces, and takes Lactulose, Miralax)
what is easiest on guts had small bowel blockage recently and have diverticulitis
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Will cannabis help with leg cramps,cramps in the hands
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Scar Tissue In The Liver, Crohns, and takes Lactulose, Aldactone, Furosemide, Pentasa, Omeprazole, Colestipol Hydrochloride)
Both legs can and do cramp up at the same time,with lots of pain.
the ankles can cramp up and pull up or into the center so far it only happens to one at a time.
My fingers can cramp up with out any pre warning.
More questions for: Lactulose, Gas - flatulence
More reviews for: Lactulose, Gas - flatulence
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Codeine Sulfate, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lactulose, Restasis, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium for a patient with Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Bone Spur
Comments: I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Digoxin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Carvedilol, Furosemide, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
Comments: Seems to really manifest itself right before bedtime, like it knows I'm going to bed. I have to raise my arms above my head, or lean back with arms stretched on my bed's foot board, sort of to stretch my chest. After being in that position, can't get to sleep as soon as I want, I then pass gas, bi ...
- A study of side effects of Lactulose for a patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease. The patient has Bowel Sounds Abnormal
Comments: i have had stomach ulcers in the past and kidney cancer to which i recovered. during the past two years ive been in constant excrutiating pain from my stomach upwards to my ribs. my consultant originally said it was my pancreas but now he says my bowel is so swollen its large and this would explai ...
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement), Gas - Flatulence (act of expelling air from the intestine through anus)
Comments: Whenever I eat anything with wheat, I will have bad, foul smelling gas for hours afterwards. I will also have a few loose bowl movements afterward that are foul smelling as well. At first I thought it might be a lactose intolerance, but I cut that out and still had the problem. Then i figured out it ...
More related studies for: Lactulose, Gas - flatulence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.