Review: could Lamictal cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,484 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 420 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamictal and have Back pain >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 40,599 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Back pain 105,943 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 37,464 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 420 people (1.12%) have Back Pain.
Time on Lamictal when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||66.97%||12.84%||6.42%||0.92%||9.17%||1.83%||1.83% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Lamictal * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.26%||5.00%||15.00%||28.68%||22.37%||17.89%||10.79% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||7.69%||30.77%||38.46%||23.08% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (103 people, 24.52%)
- Depression (83 people, 19.76%)
- Epilepsy (71 people, 16.90%)
- Anxiety (66 people, 15.71%)
- Pain (40 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (75 people, 17.86%)
- Synthroid (65 people, 15.48%)
- Seroquel (58 people, 13.81%)
- Xanax (56 people, 13.33%)
- Klonopin (56 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Lamictal, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, the eye irritation went away.
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several days with very little to no movement, before I started taking Lamorigine I did not have either of these issues.
- Naproxin reaction severe
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He looked like he had been scalded all over. The itching was unbearable so rang NHS helpline, they said to get antihistimnes in the morning and to stop the Naproxin. My partner started to hallucinate, he said he saw vivid colours, a vortex of bright colours and flowers, then he passed out in the bathroom and it took a while to bring him round. He insisted he was fine and just wanted to sleep. In the morning we went to the GP, got some antihistimines but by now his whole body was in a mess, his hands had swollen to 3 x normal size and he was having cold sweats. By now the weekend was here so when he took another turn for the worse, we had to go to an out of hours gp, he saw the photos I had taken of the welps and immediately prescribed very strong antihistimines to be taken x 4 daily, thankfully after the second day everything normalised, we are in day 3 now and my hope is that when he stops taking the meds, the hives will not return. Very worrying medication in my opinion and one that I will not have in the house again.
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket, and change my clothes. This is usually happening to me about 4-6 times a week. I am not sure if this is related to Cymbalta or not. I have gone to my doctor and had all of the tests done, everything is normal. All of the doctors that I have gone to have been clueless as to what could be causing my night sweats. I am thinking of trying to change my Cymbalta to a different medication, however as I am sure most know, it is a pain in the butt to try and find a good antidepressant that works with your body and any other medications you may be taking. The only thing I am going to try before this is using Menopause medications vitamins. I have found a vitamin/supplement that is supposed to help with night sweats and hot flashes and does not have any hormones in it. I have only been taking it for 2 nights, so no results yet. I hope this works so I dont have to change off of Cymbalta.
More reviews for: Lamictal, Back pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I take it with celexa to even out my highs and lows. Unfortunately, I have memory problems,(200 mg daily), mostly short term. I didn't have this problem before I started taking the medications. My wife is on it also, (100 mg daily). She experiences the same. She is taking effexor.
- I am a 48 yr old female diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar 2, BPD, histrionic suicidal idealation and a mess!!!
Things were going well in therapy and with my Dr. over the past 2 years on the above "cocktail" MINUS the Latuda and Lexapro.
I have had 3 very serious suicide attempts, all prior to the T ...
- I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
More related studies for: Lamictal, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.