Review: could Lamictal cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,584 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 610 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,698 Lamictal users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,887 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 37,584 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 610 people (1.62%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Lamictal when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||49.42%||23.84%||5.81%||5.23%||7.56%||7.56%||0.58% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Lamictal * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||1.34%||4.02%||8.62%||23.75%||22.03%||28.35%||11.88% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||13.33%||46.67%||33.33%||6.67% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||28.57%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (170 people, 27.87%)
- Depression (90 people, 14.75%)
- Epilepsy (59 people, 9.67%)
- Pain (38 people, 6.23%)
- Convulsion (28 people, 4.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (98 people, 16.07%)
- Neurontin (70 people, 11.48%)
- Ambien (68 people, 11.15%)
- Xanax (62 people, 10.16%)
- Aspirin (58 people, 9.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and bone and joint pain on
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 34-year old woman with Mood Disorder. The patient has Lymph Nodes - Swollen, Headache
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 32-year old woman with Lyme Disease. The patient has Tinnitus Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.