Review: could Lamictal cause Deep vein thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Deep vein thrombosis is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Yasmin, and have Birth control.
We study 37,564 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Deep vein thrombosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Deep vein thrombosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Deep vein thrombosis >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,683 Lamictal users)
Deep vein thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, acne. (latest reports from 43,399 Deep vein thrombosis patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 37,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 94 people (0.25%) have Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Time on Lamictal when people have Deep vein thrombosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.00%||35.29%||11.76%||29.41%||23.53%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Lamictal * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.00%||0.00%||2.11%||25.26%||21.05%||35.79%||7.37%||8.42% |
Severity of Deep vein thrombosis when taking Lamictal ** :
How people recovered from Deep vein thrombosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (26 people, 27.66%)
- Bipolar disorder (17 people, 18.09%)
- Anxiety (14 people, 14.89%)
- Pain (10 people, 10.64%)
- Acne (9 people, 9.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yasmin (37 people, 39.36%)
- Yaz (30 people, 31.91%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 17.02%)
- Prevacid (15 people, 15.96%)
- Vioxx (15 people, 15.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deep Vein Thrombosis while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Deep Vein Thrombosis
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Deep Vein Thrombosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lamictal Xr for a 43-year old woman with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Ocular Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 20-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Swollen Gums (swelling of gums)
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 37-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.