Review: could Lamictal cause Elevated liver enzymes?
Summary: Elevated liver enzymes is reported only by a few people who take Lamictal.
We study 37,564 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Elevated liver enzymes. Find out below who they are, when they have Elevated liver enzymes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Elevated liver enzymes >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,678 Lamictal users)
Elevated liver enzymes
Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 303 Elevated liver enzymes patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 37,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Elevated Liver Enzymes.
Time on Lamictal when people have Elevated liver enzymes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Lamictal * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Elevated liver enzymes when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Elevated liver enzymes||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Elevated liver enzymes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Mood stabilizer (2 people, 50.00%)
- Babesiosis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Chronic pain (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (2 people, 50.00%)
- Cymbalta (2 people, 50.00%)
- Oxycodone and acetaminophen (1 people, 25.00%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Armour thyroid (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Elevated Liver Enzymes while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Elevated Liver Enzymes
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Elevated Liver Enzymes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lamictal Xr for a 43-year old woman with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Ocular Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 20-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Swollen Gums (swelling of gums)
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 37-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.