Review: could Lamictal cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Klonopin, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,484 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 143 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamictal and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 40,599 users)
Erectile Dysfunction has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.(latest reports from Erectile Dysfunction 30,109 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 37,464 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 143 people (0.38%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Lamictal when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||7.69%||23.08%||15.38%||5.13%||17.95%||23.08%||7.69% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Lamictal * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||3.88%||20.16%||14.73%||21.71%||25.58%||13.95% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||39.29%||46.43%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (38 people, 26.57%)
- Insomnia (32 people, 22.38%)
- Anxiety (30 people, 20.98%)
- Depression (28 people, 19.58%)
- Bipolar ii disorder (21 people, 14.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (36 people, 25.17%)
- Ambien (34 people, 23.78%)
- Cymbalta (28 people, 19.58%)
- Topamax (25 people, 17.48%)
- Seroquel (24 people, 16.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my wife who is on seizure medication lamictal take moringa oleifera?
I also take methadone was wondering if a I could use morning a oleifera
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first week I noticed a return of sex desires and good erection. After the second week I experience again lack of libido and full impotence which still persisting after 6 weeks from the return fight.
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen (1 answer)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist and both say Lamictal cannot cause false positive. So I searched internet and have found it can cause false positive PCP results? I know I have never taken PCP.
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing worked. the actual problem in my lumber spine is not serious enough to have surgery at this time.
My question is if I need major surgery and need to take an opiate pain med would I have to get off the 1 1/2 mg of suboxone so I don't to go into withdrawal (as a doc once told me)? I'm 72 & the possibility of needing surgery is high, especially since I've had breast, colon & skin cancer. thank you
More questions for: Lamictal, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Tranxene and sexual problems
Tranxene 15 mg has taken them and will cause sexual dysfunction once have been off them for a week or so then begin to have normal sexual activity once back on them again cause the same problem again does not tell about the side effects on the pamplets.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, the eye irritation went away.
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several days with very little to no movement, before I started taking Lamorigine I did not have either of these issues.
More reviews for: Lamictal, Erectile dysfunction
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I take it with celexa to even out my highs and lows. Unfortunately, I have memory problems,(200 mg daily), mostly short term. I didn't have this problem before I started taking the medications. My wife is on it also, (100 mg daily). She experiences the same. She is taking effexor.
- I am a 48 yr old female diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar 2, BPD, histrionic suicidal idealation and a mess!!!
Things were going well in therapy and with my Dr. over the past 2 years on the above "cocktail" MINUS the Latuda and Lexapro.
I have had 3 very serious suicide attempts, all prior to the T ...
- 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
More related studies for: Lamictal, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.