Review: could Lamictal cause Flatulence?
Summary: Flatulence is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking.
We study 37,584 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have Flatulence. Find out below who they are, when they have Flatulence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Flatulence >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,698 Lamictal users)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression. (latest reports from 21,628 Flatulence patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 81 people (0.22%) have Flatulence.
Time on Lamictal when people have Flatulence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Flatulence when taking Lamictal * :
Severity of Flatulence when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flatulence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (22 people, 27.16%)
- Bipolar disorder (17 people, 20.99%)
- Depression (12 people, 14.81%)
- Epilepsy (7 people, 8.64%)
- Gaucher's disease (6 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (23 people, 28.40%)
- Xanax (17 people, 20.99%)
- Nexium (15 people, 18.52%)
- Keppra (15 people, 18.52%)
- Prevacid (12 people, 14.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and flatulence on
Do you have Flatulence while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Flatulence
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Flatulence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Saphris, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man with GAD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Skin Plaque
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Adderall, Lamictal for a 54-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Cognitive Deterioration, Chorea. The patient has Chorea
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.