Review: could Lamictal cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,564 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,564 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Headache >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,678 Lamictal users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 37,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 1,689 people (4.50%) have Headache.
Time on Lamictal when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Lamictal * :
Severity of Headache when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (434 people, 25.70%)
- Depression (259 people, 15.33%)
- Epilepsy (214 people, 12.67%)
- Convulsion (123 people, 7.28%)
- Anxiety (97 people, 5.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (165 people, 9.77%)
- Klonopin (161 people, 9.53%)
- Keppra (114 people, 6.75%)
- Cymbalta (105 people, 6.22%)
- Synthroid (98 people, 5.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Headache
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.