Review: could Lamictal cause Hot flashes (Hot Flush)?
Summary: Hot flashes is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,564 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Hot flashes. Find out below who they are, when they have Hot flashes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Hot flashes >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,678 Lamictal users)
Hot flashes (sudden feelings of heat) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, breast cancer, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,009 Hot flashes patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 37,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 149 people (0.40%) have Hot Flashes.
Time on Lamictal when people have Hot flashes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hot flashes||33.33%||23.81%||4.76%||4.76%||4.76%||14.29%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Hot flashes when taking Lamictal * :
|Hot flashes||1.59%||0.00%||5.56%||13.49%||23.02%||16.67%||26.98%||12.70% |
Severity of Hot flashes when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||62.50%||12.50%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Hot flashes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (30 people, 20.13%)
- Depression (27 people, 18.12%)
- Epilepsy (15 people, 10.07%)
- Breast cancer (12 people, 8.05%)
- Bipolar i disorder (11 people, 7.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (20 people, 13.42%)
- Pepcid (19 people, 12.75%)
- Seroquel (19 people, 12.75%)
- Vicodin (19 people, 12.75%)
- Arimidex (19 people, 12.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and hot flashes on
Do you have Hot Flashes while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Hot Flashes
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of side effects of Lamictal Xr for a 43-year old woman with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Ocular Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 20-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Swollen Gums (swelling of gums)
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.