Review: could Lamictal cause Inability to sleep (Insomnia)?
Summary: Inability to sleep is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,584 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,329 have Inability to sleep. Find out below who they are, when they have Inability to sleep and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Inability to sleep >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,706 Lamictal users)
Inability to sleep
Inability to sleep (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 131,590 Inability to sleep patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 1,329 people (3.54%) have Inability To Sleep.
Time on Lamictal when people have Inability to sleep * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Inability to sleep||45.41%||25.60%||6.28%||5.31%||9.18%||6.28%||1.93% |
Age of people who have Inability to sleep when taking Lamictal * :
|Inability to sleep||0.09%||2.24%||6.63%||14.04%||18.35%||22.14%||25.06%||11.46% |
Severity of Inability to sleep when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Inability to sleep||4.35%||43.48%||34.78%||17.39% |
How people recovered from Inability to sleep ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Inability to sleep||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (481 people, 36.19%)
- Depression (287 people, 21.60%)
- Epilepsy (144 people, 10.84%)
- Anxiety (130 people, 9.78%)
- Sleep disorder (109 people, 8.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (287 people, 21.60%)
- Klonopin (150 people, 11.29%)
- Ambien (130 people, 9.78%)
- Xanax (127 people, 9.56%)
- Ativan (114 people, 8.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and inability to sleep on
Do you have Inability To Sleep while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Inability To Sleep
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Inability To Sleep
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Excedrin, Sumatriptan, Lamictal, Depakote Er, Lexapro for a 62-year old woman with Frequent Headaches, Migraine - Classic, Seizure Disorder, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Horner Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 38-year old woman with Seizure Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
- A study of side effects of Valacyclovir for a 25-year old woman with Epstein-barr Virus Infection. The patient has Insomnia
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.