Review: could Lamictal cause Inability to sleep (Insomnia)?
Summary: Inability to sleep is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,541 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,329 have Inability to sleep. Find out below who they are, when they have Inability to sleep and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamictal and have Inability to sleep >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,659 Lamictal users)
Inability to sleep
Inability to sleep (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 131,451 Inability to sleep patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 37,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 1,329 people (3.54%) have Inability To Sleep.
Time on Lamictal when people have Inability to sleep * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Inability to sleep||45.41%||25.60%||6.28%||5.31%||9.18%||6.28%||1.93% |
Age of people who have Inability to sleep when taking Lamictal * :
|Inability to sleep||0.09%||2.24%||6.63%||14.04%||18.35%||22.14%||25.06%||11.46% |
Severity of Inability to sleep when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Inability to sleep||4.35%||43.48%||34.78%||17.39% |
How people recovered from Inability to sleep ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Inability to sleep||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (481 people, 36.19%)
- Depression (287 people, 21.60%)
- Epilepsy (144 people, 10.84%)
- Anxiety (130 people, 9.78%)
- Sleep disorder (109 people, 8.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (287 people, 21.60%)
- Klonopin (150 people, 11.29%)
- Ambien (130 people, 9.78%)
- Xanax (127 people, 9.56%)
- Ativan (114 people, 8.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Inability To Sleep while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Inability To Sleep
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Inability to sleep
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of side effects of Valacyclovir for a 25-year old woman with Epstein-barr Virus Infection. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 56-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Metformin, Klonopin, Lamictal, Prozac, Abilify for a 41-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, Depression. The patient has Pain - Muscles, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Lamictal, Provigil, Concerta for a 56-year old woman who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lamotrigine for a 46-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lithium Citrate, Lamictal for a 28-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.