Review: could Lamictal cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tegretol, and have Epilepsy.
We study 37,584 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 305 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Loss of appetite >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,706 Lamictal users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,340 Loss of appetite patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 37,584 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 305 people (0.81%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Lamictal when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||55.10%||27.55%||6.12%||4.08%||6.12%||1.02%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Lamictal * :
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||7.28%||9.60%||21.19%||15.23%||14.90%||15.23%||16.56% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||15.38%||38.46%||38.46%||7.69% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (71 people, 23.28%)
- Depression (68 people, 22.30%)
- Bipolar disorder (56 people, 18.36%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 11.48%)
- Convulsion (28 people, 9.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tegretol (39 people, 12.79%)
- Synthroid (37 people, 12.13%)
- Neurontin (36 people, 11.80%)
- Klonopin (32 people, 10.49%)
- Depakene (30 people, 9.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and loss of appetite on
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 25-year old woman with Bipolar 2. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Primidone for a 62-year old woman with Epilepsy. The patient has Age-related Macular Degeneration
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Lamictal, Pristiq for a 61-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar 2, Depression. The patient has Crowded Teeth, Toothache
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Saphris, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man with GAD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Skin Plaque
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.