Review: could Lamictal cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Low blood pressure is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,564 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 391 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Low blood pressure >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,683 Lamictal users)
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Low blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 391 people (1.04%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Lamictal when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||61.54%||18.68%||4.40%||1.10%||8.79%||4.40%||1.10% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Lamictal * :
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||2.28%||10.38%||17.72%||11.65%||26.58%||14.94%||16.46% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (80 people, 20.46%)
- Epilepsy (59 people, 15.09%)
- Depression (49 people, 12.53%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 8.44%)
- Pain (29 people, 7.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (54 people, 13.81%)
- Cymbalta (41 people, 10.49%)
- Keppra (41 people, 10.49%)
- Synthroid (38 people, 9.72%)
- Klonopin (37 people, 9.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and low blood pressure on
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Lamictal Xr for a 43-year old woman with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Ocular Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 20-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Swollen Gums (swelling of gums)
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 37-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.