Review: could Lamictal cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Low blood pressure is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,584 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 391 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Low blood pressure >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,698 Lamictal users)
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Low blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 391 people (1.04%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Lamictal when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||61.54%||18.68%||4.40%||1.10%||8.79%||4.40%||1.10% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Lamictal * :
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||2.28%||10.38%||17.72%||11.65%||26.58%||14.94%||16.46% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (80 people, 20.46%)
- Epilepsy (59 people, 15.09%)
- Depression (49 people, 12.53%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 8.44%)
- Pain (29 people, 7.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (54 people, 13.81%)
- Cymbalta (41 people, 10.49%)
- Keppra (41 people, 10.49%)
- Synthroid (38 people, 9.72%)
- Klonopin (37 people, 9.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and low blood pressure on
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 34-year old woman with Mood Disorder. The patient has Lymph Nodes - Swollen, Headache
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 32-year old woman with Lyme Disease. The patient has Tinnitus Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Sotalol Hydrochloride for a 59-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Hypotension, Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.