Home > Lamictal > Low blood pressure > Lamictal and Low blood pressure
Review: could Lamictal cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
We study 37,442 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 402 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamictal and have Low blood pressure >>>
Lamictal (latest outcomes from 40,544 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) (latest reports from 699,069 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 37,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 391 people (1.04%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Lamictal when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||61.54%||18.68%||4.40%||1.10%||8.79%||4.40%||1.10% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Lamictal * :
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||2.28%||10.38%||17.72%||11.65%||26.58%||14.94%||16.46% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (80 people, 20.46%)
- Epilepsy (59 people, 15.09%)
- Depression (49 people, 12.53%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 8.44%)
- Pain (29 people, 7.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (54 people, 13.81%)
- Cymbalta (41 people, 10.49%)
- Keppra (41 people, 10.49%)
- Synthroid (38 people, 9.72%)
- Klonopin (37 people, 9.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Lamictal?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating or drinking coffee.
From this study (5 years ago):
Lamictal is taken twice daily. Benadryl is taken occasionally, usually before bed. On one occasion it was taken during the day and an onset of severe drowsiness and possible low blood pressure ensued.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lamictal, Low blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several da ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
More reviews for: Lamictal, Low blood pressure
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Lamictal is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lamictal used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (10 seconds ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (24 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (37 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Green Endive
- Gall Bladder Oedema