Review: could Lamictal cause Movement disorder?
Summary: Movement disorder is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Epilepsy.
We study 37,541 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 91 have Movement disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Movement disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamictal and have Movement disorder >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,659 Lamictal users)
Movement disorder (neurological syndromes where they may be excess of movement or a paucity of movement that is not connected to weakness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 12,834 Movement disorder patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 37,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 91 people (0.24%) have Movement Disorder.
Time on Lamictal when people have Movement disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Movement disorder||45.83%||16.67%||8.33%||0.00%||16.67%||12.50%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Movement disorder when taking Lamictal * :
|Movement disorder||0.00%||2.94%||7.35%||5.88%||17.65%||26.47%||29.41%||10.29% |
Severity of Movement disorder when taking Lamictal ** :
How people recovered from Movement disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (19 people, 20.88%)
- Bipolar disorder (17 people, 18.68%)
- Sleep disorder (7 people, 7.69%)
- Migraine (4 people, 4.40%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 3.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (17 people, 18.68%)
- Topamax (16 people, 17.58%)
- Keppra (15 people, 16.48%)
- Neurontin (13 people, 14.29%)
- Tegretol (12 people, 13.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Movement Disorder while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Movement Disorder
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Movement disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Metformin, Klonopin, Lamictal, Prozac, Abilify for a 41-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, Depression. The patient has Pain - Muscles, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Ramipril, Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Depression, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar. The patient has Finger Pain, Sweating Fever, Tremor
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Lamictal, Provigil, Concerta for a 56-year old woman who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lamotrigine for a 46-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lithium Citrate, Lamictal for a 28-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.