Review: could Lamictal cause Panic attack (Panic disorder)?
Summary: Panic attack is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 37,584 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 237 have Panic attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Panic attack and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Panic attack >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,706 Lamictal users)
Panic attack has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, panic disorder, pain. (latest reports from 24,853 Panic attack patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 237 people (0.63%) have Panic Attack.
Time on Lamictal when people have Panic attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Panic attack||26.09%||26.09%||6.52%||15.22%||17.39%||6.52%||2.17% |
Age of people who have Panic attack when taking Lamictal * :
|Panic attack||0.45%||0.00%||13.96%||19.37%||16.22%||22.52%||19.82%||7.66% |
Severity of Panic attack when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Panic attack||10.00%||45.00%||35.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Panic attack ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Panic attack||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (71 people, 29.96%)
- Bipolar disorder (67 people, 28.27%)
- Epilepsy (35 people, 14.77%)
- Anxiety (34 people, 14.35%)
- Sleep disorder (29 people, 12.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (40 people, 16.88%)
- Klonopin (39 people, 16.46%)
- Xanax (38 people, 16.03%)
- Lyrica (27 people, 11.39%)
- Lexapro (27 people, 11.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and panic attack on
Do you have Panic Attack while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Panic Attack
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Panic Attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Advair Diskus 500/50, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Clonidine, Lamictal, Prozac, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Ambien for a 28-year old woman with Asthma, Allergy To Animal, Depression - Chronic, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Gad, Insomnia.
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 27-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Panic Attacks
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine, Ativan, Synthroid, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamictal, Viibryd for a 72-year old woman with Health, Anxiety, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
- A study of drug interactions between Polyethylene Glycol 3350; Sodium Sulfate; Sodium Chloride; Potassium Chloride; Sodium Ascorbate; Ascorbic Acid, Lamotrigine, Topamax, Keppra for a 5-year old boy with Constipation, Epilepsy. The patient has Urine Potassium Decreased, Sleepy, Mental Retardation, Leg Cramping, Fever, Leg Cramps, High-pitched Crying
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Klonopin, Lamictal, Seroquel Xr, Adderall 20 for a 40-year old man with Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Adhd.
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Topamax, Lyrica, Lamictal for a 64-year old man who has Anticonvulsant Drug Level Abnormal
- Comparions of Latuda, Abilify, Lamictal, Seroquel Xr for a 40-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.