Review: could Lamictal cause Poor quality sleep?
Summary: Poor quality sleep is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,584 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 57 have Poor quality sleep. Find out below who they are, when they have Poor quality sleep and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Poor quality sleep >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,706 Lamictal users)
Poor quality sleep
Poor quality sleep has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, osteoporosis, insomnia, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 4,415 Poor quality sleep patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 57 people (0.15%) have Poor Quality Sleep.
Time on Lamictal when people have Poor quality sleep * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Poor quality sleep||60.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Poor quality sleep when taking Lamictal * :
|Poor quality sleep||0.00%||2.00%||6.00%||18.00%||12.00%||30.00%||26.00%||6.00% |
Severity of Poor quality sleep when taking Lamictal ** :
How people recovered from Poor quality sleep ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 26.32%)
- Depression (12 people, 21.05%)
- Anxiety (11 people, 19.30%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 10.53%)
- Epilepsy (6 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (11 people, 19.30%)
- Lithium (9 people, 15.79%)
- Ambien (7 people, 12.28%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 10.53%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Poor Quality Sleep while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Poor Quality Sleep
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Poor Quality Sleep
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate, Magnesium, L-lysine, Vitamin D, L-theanine for a 29-year old woman with Sleepy, Migraine With Aura, Depression, Bipolar I Disorder, Migraine, Skin - Dry, Stress. The patient has Bowel Obstruction
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Zoloft, Lamictal for a 15-year old girl with Abdominal Cramps, Major Depressive Disorder, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine, Adderall Xr 15 for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Swelling Of The Face, Water Retention
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 51-year old woman with Seizure - Generalized. The patient has Diabetic Retinal Oedema
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.