Review: could Lamictal cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Klonopin, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,564 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 146 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,683 Lamictal users)
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,156 Sexual dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 146 people (0.39%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Lamictal when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||7.69%||23.08%||15.38%||5.13%||17.95%||23.08%||7.69% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Lamictal * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||3.79%||19.70%||15.91%||21.97%||25.00%||13.64% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||37.93%||44.83%||17.24% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (38 people, 26.03%)
- Insomnia (32 people, 21.92%)
- Anxiety (30 people, 20.55%)
- Depression (28 people, 19.18%)
- Bipolar ii disorder (21 people, 14.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (36 people, 24.66%)
- Ambien (34 people, 23.29%)
- Cymbalta (28 people, 19.18%)
- Topamax (25 people, 17.12%)
- Seroquel (24 people, 16.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamictal and sexual dysfunction on
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Lamictal for a 43-year old woman with Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Migraine. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Aripiprazole for a 27-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.