Review: could Lamictal cause Skin lesion (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin lesion is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 37,564 people who have side effects while taking Lamictal from FDA and social media. Among them, 5,296 have Skin lesion. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin lesion and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamictal and have Skin lesion >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 40,678 Lamictal users)
Skin lesion (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 147,726 Skin lesion patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 37,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal. Among them, 5,301 people (14.11%) have Skin Lesion.
Time on Lamictal when people have Skin lesion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin lesion||63.98%||27.61%||3.47%||2.02%||2.06%||0.85%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Skin lesion when taking Lamictal * :
|Skin lesion||0.32%||4.69%||11.79%||15.80%||20.39%||17.85%||14.95%||14.21% |
Severity of Skin lesion when taking Lamictal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin lesion||0.00%||69.57%||21.74%||8.70% |
How people recovered from Skin lesion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin lesion||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (2,386 people, 45.01%)
- Epilepsy (1,083 people, 20.43%)
- Depression (472 people, 8.90%)
- Insomnia (227 people, 4.28%)
- Bipolar i disorder (194 people, 3.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (497 people, 9.38%)
- Depakene (426 people, 8.04%)
- Lithium carbonate (332 people, 6.26%)
- Lamictal cd (318 people, 6.00%)
- Valproate sodium (289 people, 5.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Lamictal and skin lesion on
Do you have Skin Lesion while taking Lamictal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamictal and have Skin Lesion
- support group for people who take Lamictal
- support group for people who have Skin Lesion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Plaquenil for a 58-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate, Magnesium, L-lysine, Vitamin D, L-theanine for a 29-year old woman with Sleepy, Migraine With Aura, Depression, Bipolar I Disorder, Migraine, Skin - Dry, Stress. The patient has Bowel Obstruction
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Zoloft, Lamictal for a 15-year old girl with Abdominal Cramps, Major Depressive Disorder, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
Recent Lamictal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.