Review: could Lamisil cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Lamisil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Fungal nail infection.
We study 6,892 people who have side effects while taking Lamisil from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamisil and have Depression >>>
Lamisil has active ingredients of terbinafine hydrochloride. It is often used in pulmonary aspergilloma (mycetoma). (latest outcomes from 7,231 Lamisil users)
Depression has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, acne. (latest reports from 277,750 Depression patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 6,892 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamisil. Among them, 122 people (1.77%) have Depression.
Time on Lamisil when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Lamisil * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Lamisil * :
Severity of Depression when taking Lamisil ** :
How people recovered from Depression ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Onychomycosis (29 people, 23.77%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 8.20%)
- Nail tinea (9 people, 7.38%)
- Eczema (9 people, 7.38%)
- Pain (7 people, 5.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (28 people, 22.95%)
- Prednisone (28 people, 22.95%)
- Ativan (25 people, 20.49%)
- Neurontin (24 people, 19.67%)
- Nexium (23 people, 18.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamisil and depression on
Do you have Depression while taking Lamisil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamisil and have Depression
- support group for people who take Lamisil
- support group for people who have Depression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of side effects of Lamisil for a 63-year old woman with Fungaemia. The patient has Gastritis
- A study of side effects of Arixtra for a 69-year old man with DVT. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
Recent Lamisil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.