Review: could Lamotrigine cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
We study 14,735 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 425 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Anxiety >>>
Lamotrigine (latest outcomes from 15,767 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,270,394 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 14,713 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 425 people (2.89%) have Anxiety.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Lamotrigine * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Lamotrigine * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (93 people, 21.88%)
- Depression (67 people, 15.76%)
- Anxiety (33 people, 7.76%)
- Epilepsy (28 people, 6.59%)
- Bipolar i disorder (22 people, 5.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (63 people, 14.82%)
- Seroquel (42 people, 9.88%)
- Lamictal (39 people, 9.18%)
- Lithium carbonate (33 people, 7.76%)
- Effexor (29 people, 6.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anxiety while taking Lamotrigine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
More questions for: Lamotrigine, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, ...
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several da ...
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
More reviews for: Lamotrigine, Anxiety
On eHealthMe, Lamotrigine (lamotrigine) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Lamotrigine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lamotrigine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a patient with PTSD. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Fluticasone Propionate, Methocarbamol, Maxalt, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Abilify, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Daytrana, Clonazepam, Lamictal, Estradiol, Acyclovir for a patient with Pain, Allergies, Muscle Spasms, Migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Bipolar Disorder, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Irregular Heartbeat, Racing Heart, Panic Attacks, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Menopause, Genital Herpes. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Irritability, Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Adderall 15, Xanax, Lamictal for a patient with Poor Personal Hygiene, Add, Epilepsy. The patient has Thought Withdrawal, Grip Strength Decreased, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Speech Impairment (adult), Hypertension Aggravated, Heart Rate Increased, Confusional Arousal, Clammy Skin, Paralysis, Tia, Stroke, Minor Cognitive Motor Disorder, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Sweating Increased, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Cold Sweat, Loss Of Memory, Sudden Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Long-term Memory Loss, Idiopathic Generalised Epilepsy, Body Movements - Uncontrollable, Movement - Uncontrollable, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Uncontrolled Movements, Feeling Uptight, Feeling Abnormal, Feeling Jittery, Grand Mal Convulsion, Breakthrough Pain
More related studies for: Lamotrigine, Anxiety
Recent Lamotrigine related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lamotrigine, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.