Home > Lamotrigine > Anxiety > Lamotrigine and Anxiety
Review: could Lamotrigine cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Lamotrigine, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,735 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 412 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Anxiety >>>
Lamotrigine (latest outcomes from 15,786 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Anxiety (latest reports from 197,075 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 14,735 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 427 people (2.90%) have Anxiety.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Lamotrigine * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Lamotrigine * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (93 people, 21.78%)
- Depression (67 people, 15.69%)
- Anxiety (33 people, 7.73%)
- Epilepsy (28 people, 6.56%)
- Bipolar i disorder (22 people, 5.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (63 people, 14.75%)
- Seroquel (42 people, 9.84%)
- Lamictal (39 people, 9.13%)
- Lithium carbonate (33 people, 7.73%)
- Effexor (29 people, 6.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anxiety while taking Lamotrigine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medicati ...
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen (1 answer)
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Lamictal Xr)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blackouts Seizure, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Lamictal, Pristiq)
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
More questions for: Lamotrigine, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has Eye Discharge, and takes Lamictal)
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, ...
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Indigestion,constipation, and takes Lamotrigine)
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several da ...
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Anxiety, and takes Xanax)
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, and takes Lamictal, Cymbalta)
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Lamotrigine, Anxiety
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Lexapro for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Pressure Sore, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Stress And Anxiety
Comments: I find that my dose seems to work very well but causes me to binge and on all bad unhealthy food (when I am usually a healthy eater). I become weak and give in. This causes more stress/ even depression.
More related studies for: Lamotrigine, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.