Review: could Lamotrigine cause Difficulty in breathing (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Difficulty in breathing is found among people who take Lamotrigine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,787 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 262 have Difficulty in breathing. Find out below who they are, when they have Difficulty in breathing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Difficulty in breathing >>>
Lamotrigine has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,835 Lamotrigine users)
Difficulty in breathing
Difficulty in breathing has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,469 Difficulty in breathing patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 14,787 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 262 people (1.77%) have Difficulty In Breathing.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Difficulty in breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty in breathing||54.84%||12.90%||3.23%||6.45%||19.35%||3.23%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Difficulty in breathing when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Difficulty in breathing||62.24%||37.76% |
Age of people who have Difficulty in breathing when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Difficulty in breathing||0.86%||1.72%||6.47%||8.62%||18.10%||22.84%||25.86%||15.52% |
Severity of Difficulty in breathing when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty in breathing||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Difficulty in breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty in breathing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (56 people, 21.37%)
- Depression (41 people, 15.65%)
- Epilepsy (32 people, 12.21%)
- Convulsion (27 people, 10.31%)
- Schizophrenia (15 people, 5.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (49 people, 18.70%)
- Omeprazole (36 people, 13.74%)
- Lithium carbonate (28 people, 10.69%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 9.92%)
- Lisinopril (24 people, 9.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Difficulty In Breathing while taking Lamotrigine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Difficulty In Breathing
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lamictal Xr for a 43-year old woman with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Ocular Migraine
- A study of side effects of Brilinta for a 74-year old man with Heart Attack. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 20-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Swollen Gums (swelling of gums)
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 29-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Recent Lamotrigine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Lamictal, Provigil, Concerta for a 56-year old woman who has Narcolepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.