Review: could Lamotrigine cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Lamotrigine, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Epilepsy.
We study 14,797 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 115 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Hallucination >>>
Lamotrigine has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,841 Lamotrigine users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, quit smoking, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 30,204 Hallucination patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 14,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 115 people (0.78%) have Hallucination.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Lamotrigine * :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Lamotrigine * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (49 people, 42.61%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 13.04%)
- Depression (14 people, 12.17%)
- Convulsion (13 people, 11.30%)
- Psychotic disorder (10 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lorazepam (23 people, 20.00%)
- Valproate sodium (23 people, 20.00%)
- Olanzapine (21 people, 18.26%)
- Keppra (17 people, 14.78%)
- Clonazepam (15 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamotrigine and hallucination on
Do you have Hallucination while taking Lamotrigine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Ditropan, Synthroid, Topamax, Lamictal, Risperdal for a 46-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides, Enlarged Liver, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 45-year old woman with Epilepsy. The patient has Epilepsy
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 47-year old woman with Depression Highs And Lows, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Blood Pressure Increased, Weight Gain, Weight Gain, Excessively Tired, Dry Hair, Constipated,
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Lamictal for a 17-year old girl with Acne And Teenagers, Epilepsy. The patient has Skin - Dry, Menstruation Irregular, Lump In The Neck, Paleness, Weight Below Normal
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Lamictal for a 58-year old man with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Weakness, Weight Loss - Unintentional, Fatigue
Recent Lamotrigine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.