Review: could Lamotrigine cause Insomnia concerns (Insomnia)?
Summary: Insomnia concerns is found among people who take Lamotrigine, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Convulsion.
We study 14,787 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 355 have Insomnia concerns. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia concerns and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Insomnia concerns >>>
Lamotrigine has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,828 Lamotrigine users)
Insomnia concerns (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 131,451 Insomnia concerns patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 14,787 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 355 people (2.40%) have Insomnia Concerns.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Insomnia concerns * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Insomnia concerns||28.75%||25.00%||11.25%||21.25%||7.50%||3.75%||2.50% |
Gender of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Insomnia concerns||61.81%||38.19% |
Age of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Insomnia concerns||1.22%||9.12%||8.51%||9.12%||22.80%||21.28%||18.54%||9.42% |
Severity of Insomnia concerns when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Insomnia concerns||11.11%||33.33%||51.85%||3.70% |
How people recovered from Insomnia concerns ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Insomnia concerns||0.00%||13.33%||86.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (69 people, 19.44%)
- Depression (57 people, 16.06%)
- Bipolar disorder (51 people, 14.37%)
- Epilepsy (41 people, 11.55%)
- Insomnia (30 people, 8.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (54 people, 15.21%)
- Clonazepam (53 people, 14.93%)
- Keppra (34 people, 9.58%)
- Alprazolam (34 people, 9.58%)
- Levetiracetam (32 people, 9.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia Concerns while taking Lamotrigine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Insomnia Concerns
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
- support group for people who have Insomnia Concerns
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lamictal Xr for a 43-year old woman with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Ocular Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 20-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Swollen Gums (swelling of gums)
Recent Lamotrigine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.