Home > Lamotrigine > Osteoporosis > Lamotrigine and Osteoporosis
Review: could Lamotrigine cause Osteoporosis?
We study 14,735 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Osteoporosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteoporosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Osteoporosis >>>
Lamotrigine (latest outcomes from 15,767 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) (latest reports from 216,655 patients) has been reported by people with osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 14,713 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 35 people (0.24%) have Osteoporosis.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Osteoporosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Lamotrigine * :
Age of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Lamotrigine * :
Severity of Osteoporosis when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Osteoporosis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 34.29%)
- Epilepsy (7 people, 20.00%)
- Sarcoidosis (7 people, 20.00%)
- Status epilepticus (5 people, 14.29%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (19 people, 54.29%)
- Lamictal (13 people, 37.14%)
- Xanax (12 people, 34.29%)
- Zoloft (12 people, 34.29%)
- Exercise (10 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoporosis while taking Lamotrigine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Osteoporosis
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
- support group for people who have Osteoporosis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
More questions for: Lamotrigine, Osteoporosis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, ...
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several da ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
More reviews for: Lamotrigine, Osteoporosis
On eHealthMe, Lamotrigine (lamotrigine) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Lamotrigine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lamotrigine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Lamotrigine, Lamotrigine, Acyclovir, Gamma-aminobutyric Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D, B-12, Vimpat for a patient with Epilepsy, Herpes Simplex, Loss Of Hair, Osteopetrosis, Low Density Lipoprotein Abnormal. The patient has Stools - Bloody, Depression, Osteoporosis, Lamotrigine, Stomach Discomfort, Coordination Abnormal Nos, Lack Of Spontaneous Speech
More related studies for: Lamotrigine, Osteoporosis
Recent Lamotrigine related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lamotrigine, Osteoporosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (6 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (30 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (43 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Dextrose 60 In Plastic Container
- Peritoneal Cloudy Effluent
- Skin Bacterial Infection
- Trazodone Hydrochloride
- Beta 2