Review: could Lamotrigine cause Sleep disorder?
Summary: Sleep disorder is found among people who take Lamotrigine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Epilepsy.
We study 14,797 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Sleep disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Sleep disorder >>>
Lamotrigine has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,841 Lamotrigine users)
Sleep disorder has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 42,529 Sleep disorder patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 14,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 83 people (0.56%) have Sleep Disorder.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Sleep disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep disorder||38.46%||38.46%||7.69%||15.38%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleep disorder when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Sleep disorder||55.91%||44.09% |
Age of people who have Sleep disorder when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Sleep disorder||0.00%||5.88%||7.06%||17.65%||16.47%||28.24%||10.59%||14.12% |
Severity of Sleep disorder when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep disorder||25.00%||0.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep disorder||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (17 people, 20.48%)
- Bipolar disorder (13 people, 15.66%)
- Depression (10 people, 12.05%)
- Sleep disorder (6 people, 7.23%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 7.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (13 people, 15.66%)
- Lamictal (12 people, 14.46%)
- Keppra (8 people, 9.64%)
- Zyprexa (6 people, 7.23%)
- Zolpidem (6 people, 7.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lamotrigine and sleep disorder on
Do you have Sleep Disorder while taking Lamotrigine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Sleep Disorder
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
- support group for people who have Sleep Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Lamictal for a 17-year old girl with Acne And Teenagers, Epilepsy. The patient has Skin - Dry, Menstruation Irregular, Lump In The Neck, Paleness, Weight Below Normal
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Lamictal for a 58-year old man with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Weakness, Weight Loss - Unintentional, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 25-year old woman with Bipolar 2. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Primidone for a 62-year old woman with Epilepsy. The patient has Age-related Macular Degeneration
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Lamictal, Pristiq for a 61-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar 2, Depression. The patient has Crowded Teeth, Toothache
Recent Lamotrigine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.