Review: could Lamotrigine cause Sleep disorder?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 22, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 14,574 people who take Lamotrigine. Among them, 77 have Sleep disorder. See who they are, when they have Sleep disorder and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lamotrigine (latest outcomes from 15,651 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder, bipolar i disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Lamotrigine include convulsion, rashes, fever, dizziness, fatigue.
Sleep disorder (latest reports from 132,141 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 13,749 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 77 people (0.56%) have Sleep Disorder.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Sleep disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep disorder||45.45%||36.36%||0.00%||18.18%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleep disorder when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Sleep disorder||52.87%||47.13% |
Age of people who have Sleep disorder when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Sleep disorder||0.00%||3.70%||7.41%||17.28%||17.28%||29.63%||11.11%||13.58% |
Severity of Sleep disorder when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep disorder||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (15 people, 19.48%)
- Bipolar disorder (13 people, 16.88%)
- Depression (10 people, 12.99%)
- Sleep disorder (6 people, 7.79%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 7.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (13 people, 16.88%)
- Lamictal (12 people, 15.58%)
- Keppra (7 people, 9.09%)
- Fluoxetine (6 people, 7.79%)
- Diazepam (6 people, 7.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lamotrigine, Sleep disorder
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lamotrigine (lamotrigine) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Lamotrigine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lamotrigine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lamotrigine side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lamotrigine drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Not taking meds for mental issues mental health has berm getting worse over the past few years and is now rapidly deteriorating
From this study (10 months ago):
I have been diagnosed with anxiety, emotioally unstable personality, anxiety, depression, migraines, non-epiltpic attacks, sleep seizures, night terrors, and PTSD
Have recently had coil fitted very tired
From this study (5 years ago):
Struggling with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (or so it's appearing to be so far) and I fight sleep for some strange reason. At night, instead of sleeping pills, I am now being recommended to take 2 clonazapam. And I still fight it...not sure why. Restless at night time and it has become a serious problem.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lamotrigine, Sleep disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Temazepam & fenfexodine
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Lamotrigine, Sleep disorder
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ambien, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Lamictal, Diazepam, Neurontin, Percocet, Fentanyl, Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Epilepsy, Anxiety Disorder, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Spinal Cord Injury. The patient has Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Depression Aggravated, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (Sleep disorder), Chronic Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Onfi, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine for a patient with Contraception, Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, Gastric Disorder, Depression, Epilepsy. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition (Sleep disorder), Nightmares - Repeated (Repeated nightmares), Sleep Terror, Muscle Twitching, Joint Aches (Joint pain), Abdominal Cramps (Abdominal pain), Headache, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Weight Increased, Drowsiness, Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal, Migraine With Aura, Dry Mouth, Mood Swings, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Sr, Lamictal, Lexapro, Estradiol, Estradiol, Testosterone Cypionate, Clonazepam, Advair Diskus 100/50, Patanol, Nasonex for a patient with Depressed Mood, Mood Swings, Depression - Chronic, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Stress And Anxiety, Asthma Exercise Induced, Dry Eye, Allergy To Animal. The patient has Headache, Stomach Discomfort, Tired, Stomach Discomfort, Sleep Disorder, Sinus Congestion, Postnasal Drip (Nasal discharge)
More related studies for: Lamotrigine, Sleep disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.