Home > Lamotrigine > Weight gain > Lamotrigine and Weight gain
Review: could Lamotrigine cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 14,735 people who have side effects while taking Lamotrigine from FDA and social media. Among them, 206 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Weight gain >>>
Lamotrigine (latest outcomes from 15,767 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 14,713 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamotrigine. Among them, 206 people (1.40%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Lamotrigine when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||12.82%||5.13%||20.51%||17.95%||25.64%||15.38%||2.56% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Weight gain||75.58%||24.42% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Lamotrigine * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||2.19%||9.29%||18.58%||27.32%||26.78%||10.93%||4.92% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Lamotrigine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||66.67%||20.83%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (47 people, 22.82%)
- Depression (24 people, 11.65%)
- Epilepsy (23 people, 11.17%)
- Convulsion (16 people, 7.77%)
- Schizophrenia (14 people, 6.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (49 people, 23.79%)
- Seroquel (33 people, 16.02%)
- Lithium carbonate (27 people, 13.11%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 12.14%)
- Olanzapine (20 people, 9.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Lamotrigine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Lamotrigine
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lamotrigine, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, ...
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several da ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
More reviews for: Lamotrigine, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Lamotrigine (lamotrigine) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Lamotrigine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lamotrigine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-12, Norco, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta, Synthroid, Klonopin, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Food Intolerance, Weight Gain, Regurgitation, Nausea, Burning Stomach, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Voltaren, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Albuterol, Lamictal, Amlodipine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Norco, Flexeril, Buspar, Baclofen, Prevacid, Zoloft, Carvedilol, Ambien for a patient with Joint Injury, Jet Lag, Aat Deficiency, Asthma, Depression, Hypertension, Pain, Muscle Spasticity, Stress And Anxiety, Gerd, Insomnia. The patient has Weight Gain, Dry Skin, Dry Mouth, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling In The Abdomen
More related studies for: Lamotrigine, Weight gain
Recent Lamotrigine related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lamotrigine, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (54 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (56 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Viola Odorata
- Feng Xian Hua
- Essential Tremor