Review: could Lansoprazole cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Lansoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 34,912 people who have side effects while taking Lansoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 501 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Cough >>>
Lansoprazole has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 35,406 Lansoprazole users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,693 Cough patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 34,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Lansoprazole. Among them, 501 people (1.44%) have Cough.
Time on Lansoprazole when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Lansoprazole * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Lansoprazole * :
Severity of Cough when taking Lansoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (72 people, 14.37%)
- Hypertension (49 people, 9.78%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 4.99%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (22 people, 4.39%)
- Asthma (18 people, 3.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (91 people, 18.16%)
- Folic acid (64 people, 12.77%)
- Enbrel (64 people, 12.77%)
- Prednisone (58 people, 11.58%)
- Prednisolone (57 people, 11.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lansoprazole and cough on
Do you have Cough while taking Lansoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Cough
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 57-year old woman with Cough. The patient has Cough Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Prevacid, Aredia, Herceptin for a 47-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Pain
Recent Lansoprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Adderall, Abilify, Topamax, Sertraline, Prevacid for a 40-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Lansoprazole for a 78-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Lansoprazole, Zantac 150 for a 65-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Prevacid, Ranitidine, Prilosec Otc for a 41-year old man who has Hiatal Hernia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.