Review: could Lansoprazole cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Lansoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 34,889 people who have side effects while taking Lansoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 500 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Cough >>>
Lansoprazole has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Lansoprazole 35,385 users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Cough 73,998 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 34,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Lansoprazole. Among them, 500 people (1.43%) have Cough.
Time on Lansoprazole when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Lansoprazole * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Lansoprazole * :
Severity of Cough when taking Lansoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (72 people, 14.40%)
- Hypertension (49 people, 9.80%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 5.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (22 people, 4.40%)
- Asthma (18 people, 3.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (91 people, 18.20%)
- Enbrel (64 people, 12.80%)
- Folic acid (64 people, 12.80%)
- Prednisone (58 people, 11.60%)
- Prednisolone (57 people, 11.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Lansoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Cough
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is trazodone and trazodone hcl the same ? with trazodone i dont stay asleep so i also take 5mg of zolpidem and some nights cut it in half
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia, and takes Zolpidem, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prevacid, Zoloft)
Trazodone doesn't work without ME also taking zolpidem
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Can you take prevacid if you are under lots of stress and have a knot in your stomach and feel slightly nauseous.
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Under A Lot Of Stress, Knot In Stomach, Slightly Nauseous, and takes Prevacid)
Daughter in very stressful situation and has been dealing with some nausea and a constant knot in stomach which I am sure is stress related. She has been downing Pepto Bismol and I wondered until she can get to the doctor if Prevacid 24 would be better than, I believe, overuse of Pepto.
Thank yo ...
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Cough, and takes Nexium, Prozac)
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
More questions for: Lansoprazole, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Cough, and takes DayQuil)
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
More reviews for: Lansoprazole, Cough
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Gestation. The patient has Vision Problems
Comments: hi. i forgot my period exuct date.but i guess it day 16th. every months i get my period 1 or 2 day before but this months i think it getting late little bit. i had sex one day in the meantime and it was safe .Im really worried about pregnancy.i got headeche, dizzyness as wel.what should i do now. pl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Fever, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stomach Discomfort (pain in abdomen), Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Allodynia (other pain), Cough
Comments: Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus)
Comments: Mild/moderate flatulence when going to the toilet when at home - noisy enough to be embarrassing. While staying with my daughter and family the bloating and flatulence increased greatly - probably not helped by the toilets being beside their bedroom and beside the kitchen so I was extra anxious abou ...
More related studies for: Lansoprazole, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.