Review: could Lansoprazole cause Dry mouth?
We study 34,882 people who have side effects while taking Lansoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Dry mouth >>>
Lansoprazole (latest outcomes from 35,372 users) has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Dry mouth (latest reports from 200,680 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 34,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Lansoprazole. Among them, 178 people (0.51%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Lansoprazole when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||87.50%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Dry mouth||67.21%||32.79% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.83%||16.46%||31.10%||50.61% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Lansoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 13.48%)
- Prophylaxis (19 people, 10.67%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (18 people, 10.11%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (18 people, 10.11%)
- Pain (16 people, 8.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (25 people, 14.04%)
- Omeprazole (24 people, 13.48%)
- Simvastatin (22 people, 12.36%)
- Lyrica (21 people, 11.80%)
- Acetaminophen (20 people, 11.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Lansoprazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lansoprazole, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Choking on fluid in my throat
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I starte ...
More reviews for: Lansoprazole, Dry mouth
On eHealthMe, Lansoprazole (lansoprazole) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Lansoprazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lansoprazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Voltaren, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Albuterol, Lamictal, Amlodipine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Norco, Flexeril, Buspar, Baclofen, Prevacid, Zoloft, Carvedilol, Ambien for a patient with Joint Injury, Jet Lag, Aat Deficiency, Asthma, Depression, Hypertension, Pain, Muscle Spasticity, Stress And Anxiety, Gerd, Insomnia. The patient has Weight Gain, Dry Skin, Dry Mouth, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling In The Abdomen
More related studies for: Lansoprazole, Dry mouth
Recent Lansoprazole related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lansoprazole, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.