Review: could Lansoprazole cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Lansoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Folic acid, and have High blood pressure.
We study 34,912 people who have side effects while taking Lansoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 180 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Dry mouth >>>
Lansoprazole has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 35,406 Lansoprazole users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 34,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Lansoprazole. Among them, 180 people (0.52%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Lansoprazole when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||77.78%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||5.56%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Dry mouth||67.57%||32.43% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.81%||16.27%||31.93%||50.00% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Lansoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 13.33%)
- Prophylaxis (19 people, 10.56%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (18 people, 10.00%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (18 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (16 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (25 people, 13.89%)
- Omeprazole (24 people, 13.33%)
- Simvastatin (22 people, 12.22%)
- Lyrica (21 people, 11.67%)
- Acetaminophen (20 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lansoprazole and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Lansoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Prevacid, Aredia, Herceptin for a 47-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Co-codamol for a 26-year old man with Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Dehydration, Dry Mouth, Stools - Bloody, Drowsiness
Recent Lansoprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Adderall, Abilify, Topamax, Sertraline, Prevacid for a 40-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Lansoprazole for a 78-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Lansoprazole, Zantac 150 for a 65-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Prevacid, Ranitidine, Prilosec Otc for a 41-year old man who has Hiatal Hernia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.