Home > Lansoprazole > Gas - belching > Lansoprazole and Gas - belching
Review: could Lansoprazole cause Gas - belching (Belching)?
Summary: Gas - belching is found among people who take Lansoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 34,882 people who have side effects while taking Lansoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Gas - belching. Find out below who they are, when they have Gas - belching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Gas - belching >>>
Lansoprazole (latest outcomes from 35,380 users) has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Gas - belching
Gas - belching (act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth) (latest reports from 36,036 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 34,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Lansoprazole. Among them, 30 people (0.09%) have Gas - Belching.
Time on Lansoprazole when people have Gas - belching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gas - belching||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Gas - belching when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Gas - belching||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Gas - belching when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Gas - belching||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.06%||27.27%||66.67% |
Severity of Gas - belching when taking Lansoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Gas - belching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Gas - belching||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 16.67%)
- Hiatus hernia (5 people, 16.67%)
- Dyspepsia (4 people, 13.33%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 10.00%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (1 people, 3.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (7 people, 23.33%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 13.33%)
- Enbrel (4 people, 13.33%)
- Avandia (3 people, 10.00%)
- Ben-gay (3 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gas - Belching while taking Lansoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Gas - Belching
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole
- support group for people who have Gas - Belching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take prevacid if you are under lots of stress and have a knot in your stomach and feel slightly nauseous.
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Under A Lot Of Stress, Knot In Stomach, Slightly Nauseous, and takes Prevacid)
Daughter in very stressful situation and has been dealing with some nausea and a constant knot in stomach which I am sure is stress related. She has been downing Pepto Bismol and I wondered until she can get to the doctor if Prevacid 24 would be better than, I believe, overuse of Pepto.
Thank yo ...
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Crestor - trilipix - 5 years on 5mg + 135mg / going cold turkey - weaning?
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Indigestion, Upper Chest Pressure, Gas - Belching, Dizziness - Occasional, Stomach Upset, and takes Crestor, Trilipix)
Almost 60 been on Crestor 5mg twice a week + Trilipix 135mg daily for about 5 years, Cholesterol has been held in good zone, leading normal life. Last two weeks chronic indigestion, upper chest pressure gas, upset stomach, and occasional dizziness. Read up on Symptom's for both Crestor and Trilipix ...
- Should i discontinie flonase prior to meningioma brain surgery
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Severe Congestion, and takes Tikosyn, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Norvasc, Inderal La, Prevacid, Potassium Chloride)
Brain surgery for meningioma should I stop Flonase prior to surgery?
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
More questions for: Lansoprazole, Gas - belching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Choking on fluid in my throat
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Choking, Vomiting, and takes Prevacid 24 Hr)
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I starte ...
More reviews for: Lansoprazole, Gas - belching
- A study of drug interactions between Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hypoalbuminaemia, Loss Of Appetite, Weight Loss Poor, Anemia - Hemolytic, Yellow Fever, Pleural Effusion, Vomiting In The Morning - Females, Nausea, Rectal Bleeding
Comments: Been going on for three mths. Have seen oncologist, had bone marrow testing. Infectious disease has done tests. Tb ruled out. This has also thrown her into kidney failure as well.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Hiatal Hernia. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: have fibromyalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, PREGABALIN for a patient with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Damaged Disks In Spine. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: since having 2 episodes so far this year which nobody knows what caused them. i suffer with my breathing and have chest pains. i never had these before the shock
More related studies for: Lansoprazole, Gas - belching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.