Review: could Lansoprazole cause Peg tube insertion (Feeding tube insertion - gastrostomy)?
Summary: Peg tube insertion is reported only by a few people who take Lansoprazole.
We study 34,889 people who have side effects while taking Lansoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Peg tube insertion. Find out below who they are, when they have Peg tube insertion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Peg tube insertion >>>
Lansoprazole has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Lansoprazole 35,385 users)
Peg tube insertion
On Dec, 1, 2014: 34,889 people reported to have side effects when taking Lansoprazole. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Peg Tube Insertion.
Time on Lansoprazole when people have Peg tube insertion * :
Gender of people who have Peg tube insertion when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Peg tube insertion||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Peg tube insertion when taking Lansoprazole * :
|Peg tube insertion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Peg tube insertion when taking Lansoprazole ** :
How people recovered from Peg tube insertion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 50.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine (2 people, 100.00%)
- Folic acid (1 people, 50.00%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 50.00%)
- Buprenorphine (1 people, 50.00%)
- Cymbalta (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peg Tube Insertion while taking Lansoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Peg Tube Insertion
- support group for people who take Lansoprazole
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take prevacid if you are under lots of stress and have a knot in your stomach and feel slightly nauseous.
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Under A Lot Of Stress, Knot In Stomach, Slightly Nauseous, and takes Prevacid)
Daughter in very stressful situation and has been dealing with some nausea and a constant knot in stomach which I am sure is stress related. She has been downing Pepto Bismol and I wondered until she can get to the doctor if Prevacid 24 would be better than, I believe, overuse of Pepto.
Thank yo ...
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Should i discontinie flonase prior to meningioma brain surgery
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Severe Congestion, and takes Tikosyn, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Norvasc, Inderal La, Prevacid, Potassium Chloride)
Brain surgery for meningioma should I stop Flonase prior to surgery?
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Helicobacter Pylori, Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
- Might my weight gain have been caused by lansoprazole?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has GERD, Hiatus Hernia, and takes Lansoprazole)
After ten years of taking this PPI I have gained around 35 lbs / 15 kgs. I seem unable to lose this weight, much of it in my abdominal region. I suffer bloating and flatulence; this has been ascribed to diverticulosis. I have a BMI of 30 and a body fat content 0f 23.3%.
More questions for: Lansoprazole, Peg tube insertion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Choking on fluid in my throat
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Choking, Vomiting, and takes Prevacid 24 Hr)
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I starte ...
More reviews for: Lansoprazole, Peg tube insertion
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Gestation. The patient has Vision Problems
Comments: hi. i forgot my period exuct date.but i guess it day 16th. every months i get my period 1 or 2 day before but this months i think it getting late little bit. i had sex one day in the meantime and it was safe .Im really worried about pregnancy.i got headeche, dizzyness as wel.what should i do now. pl ...
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus)
Comments: Mild/moderate flatulence when going to the toilet when at home - noisy enough to be embarrassing. While staying with my daughter and family the bloating and flatulence increased greatly - probably not helped by the toilets being beside their bedroom and beside the kitchen so I was extra anxious abou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Lansoprazole, Ranitidine, Synthroid, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Eliquis for a patient with Anxiety, Epigastric Discomfort, Hypothyroidism, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Nocturia
Comments: I have atrial fib and was cardioverted and placed on eliquis and sotalol november 2013. I have since developed in January 2014 nocturia , and also frequent urination during day. I am thirsty frequently.
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Mucinex Dm, Activella for a patient with Acid Reflux, Sinusitis, Menopause. The patient has Hoarseness
Comments: had a very bad respiratory infection in March - from which my voice has never recovered. Very hoarse and the hoarseness is getting worse rather than better. Not sick in any other way. Doctor said to continue takine the mucinex - i'm wondering if that could be hurting more than helping
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Clonidine, Lyrica, Ondansetron, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Toradol, Amerge, Bupivacaine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone Hydrochloride And Ibuprofen, Alprazolam, Wellbutrin Xl, Ambien for a patient with Ulcers, Neck Spasms, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Nausea, Migranal, Pain, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Stiffness In A Joint
Comments: Went off ambien cold turkey and started on clonidine, went to arthritis Dr and said fibromyalgia and she put me on lyrics 50 Mg 3 times a day but pain is worse. I have to take 10/325 percoset that only helps a little.
More related studies for: Lansoprazole, Peg tube insertion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.