Review: could Lantus cause Bladder infection (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Bladder infection is found among people who take Lantus, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 49,927 people who have side effects while taking Lantus from FDA and social media. Among them, 837 have Bladder infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lantus and have Bladder infection >>>
Lantus has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 50,302 Lantus users)
Bladder infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 66,857 Bladder infection patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 49,927 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus. Among them, 828 people (1.66%) have Bladder Infection.
Time on Lantus when people have Bladder infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bladder infection||34.09%||29.55%||0.00%||11.36%||18.18%||6.82%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bladder infection when taking Lantus * :
|Bladder infection||81.24%||18.76% |
Age of people who have Bladder infection when taking Lantus * :
|Bladder infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.94%||2.16%||4.86%||9.85%||23.62%||58.57% |
Severity of Bladder infection when taking Lantus ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bladder infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bladder infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bladder infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (167 people, 20.17%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (144 people, 17.39%)
- Hypertension (111 people, 13.41%)
- Depression (62 people, 7.49%)
- Osteoporosis (57 people, 6.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (262 people, 31.64%)
- Humalog (206 people, 24.88%)
- Lasix (175 people, 21.14%)
- Novolog (158 people, 19.08%)
- Lisinopril (134 people, 16.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bladder Infection while taking Lantus?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lantus and have Bladder Infection
- support group for people who take Lantus
- support group for people who have Bladder Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Candesartan Cilexetil for a 77-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cystitis
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, Multivitamin, Sertraline, Humalog, Lantus, Amlodipine, Losartan for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Health, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Victoza, Lantus Solostar for a 52-year old woman with Sciatica, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Vitamin D Decreased, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Thyroid Mass, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Ankle Pain, Low Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Lantus Solostar for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Sugar. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Recent Lantus related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Victoza, Lantus for a 65-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Lantus Solostar, Byetta, Tradjenta for a 50-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Byetta, Levemir, Lantus, Novolog for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Lantus, Effient, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Tricor for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.