Review: could Lantus cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Lantus, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 49,927 people who have side effects while taking Lantus from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,433 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lantus and have Pneumonia >>>
Lantus has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 50,305 Lantus users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 122,911 Pneumonia patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 49,922 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus. Among them, 1,454 people (2.91%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Lantus when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Lantus * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Lantus * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Lantus ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (233 people, 16.02%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (231 people, 15.89%)
- Hypertension (107 people, 7.36%)
- Multiple myeloma (102 people, 7.02%)
- Pain (76 people, 5.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (413 people, 28.40%)
- Humalog (331 people, 22.76%)
- Lasix (317 people, 21.80%)
- Novolog (257 people, 17.68%)
- Lisinopril (221 people, 15.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lantus and pneumonia on
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Lantus?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lantus and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Lantus
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, Multivitamin, Sertraline, Humalog, Lantus, Amlodipine, Losartan for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Health, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Victoza, Lantus Solostar for a 52-year old woman with Sciatica, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Vitamin D Decreased, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Thyroid Mass, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Ankle Pain, Low Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Lantus Solostar for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Sugar. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Lantus related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Victoza, Lantus for a 65-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Lantus Solostar, Byetta, Tradjenta for a 50-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Byetta, Levemir, Lantus, Novolog for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Lantus, Effient, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Tricor for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.