Home > Lantus > Pneumonia > Lantus and Pneumonia
Review: could Lantus cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Lantus, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 49,896 people who have side effects while taking Lantus from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,454 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lantus and have Pneumonia >>>
Lantus (latest outcomes from 50,269 users) has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes.
Pneumonia (latest reports from 766,470 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 49,896 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus. Among them, 1,454 people (2.91%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Lantus when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Lantus * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Lantus * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Lantus ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (233 people, 16.02%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (231 people, 15.89%)
- Hypertension (107 people, 7.36%)
- Multiple myeloma (102 people, 7.02%)
- Pain (76 people, 5.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (413 people, 28.40%)
- Humalog (331 people, 22.76%)
- Lasix (317 people, 21.80%)
- Novolog (257 people, 17.68%)
- Lisinopril (221 people, 15.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Lantus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lantus and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Lantus
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Dizziness Postural, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Cognitive Deterioration, Paresthesias, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus Solostar, Meloxicam, Hydrocet)
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
- Can lantus cause problems with my menstrual cycle? i just started lantus in feb 2014 and it is now march and i'm am 5 days late on my cycle when i'm usually very consistent.
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Menstrual Disorder, and takes Metformin, Lantus Solostar)
I was diagnosed with Diabetes on Jan 22nd and started Metformin ER 1000mg 2x a day. On Feb 21st I started Lantus 20units at bedtime. My last menstrual was Feb 18th - 21st and I am very consistent with a 27 day cycle. I am now 4 days late. Their is a very slim chance I am pregnant but feel that i ...
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Pneumonia, and takes Voltaren)
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- I want to use victoza with lantus any one who is on this dual therapy what do you think?
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus, Victoza, Lisinopril, Cialis)
My blood sugar is getting higher my last a1c was 7.5 i am currently taking lantus and humalog with bad results. When i was on victoza my blood sugar was much better i am considering using victoza with lantus any information would be greatly appreciated
- Do patients that find enbrel not working so well have good results switching to humira?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Hypertension, and takes Enbrel, Norco, Morphine Sulfate, Lantus, Novolog Mix 70/30, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Meloxicam)
I have been on Enbrel for 6 months. The first several weeks noticed no real improvement, then for about three weeks I was like a new person or the old me, it was wonderful. Then I had a flare and never regained the momentum from prior to the flair. Although it was still and improvement from pre-enbr ...
More questions for: Lantus, Pneumonia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lantus and gastroperesis
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Diabetic Gastroperesis, and takes Lantus Solostar)
My husband for 10yrs was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. Nov 10/13 he was admitted to hospital DKA blood sugar got to 38...severe vomiting, flu like symptoms, high blood pressure. During his stay he was put on insulin, nova rapid 3 times per day and Lantus. Over the coarse of him becoming sick, he had ...
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Find 2 To 3 Grams Whilst Generally I Was Founfing 1 To, Imposibility To Control Diabetis Properly, and takes Spiriva, Lantus)
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
More reviews for: Lantus, Pneumonia
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Lantus for a patient with Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Diabetes. The patient has Auricular Swelling
Comments: Retinitis started shortly after starting Humulin in addition to the Lantus(approx. 5 years ago.
- A study of side effects of Lantus for a patient with Diabetic Complication. The patient has Feeling Uptight
Comments: I can be doing good than all of a sudden I feel depressed
- A study of drug interactions between Zinc Sulfate, B Complex Vitamin, Lantus, Apidra Solostar, Sotret for a patient with Health Maintenance Visit, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Cystic Acne. The patient has Pressure Sore, Blurred Vision
Comments: Vision in right eye has become more blurry, sometimes there is also a sensation of pressure at the back of right eye.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
More related studies for: Lantus, Pneumonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.