Home > Lantus > Rash > Lantus and Rash
Review: could Lantus cause Rash (Rashes)?
We study 49,896 people who have side effects while taking Lantus from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,136 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lantus and have Rash >>>
Lantus (latest outcomes from 50,268 users) has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes.
Rash (redness) (latest reports from 970,465 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 49,896 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus. Among them, 1,200 people (2.41%) have Rash.
Time on Lantus when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Lantus * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Lantus * :
Severity of Rash when taking Lantus ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (310 people, 25.83%)
- Hypertension (138 people, 11.50%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (107 people, 8.92%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (70 people, 5.83%)
- Pain (62 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (299 people, 24.92%)
- Humalog (290 people, 24.17%)
- Novolog (239 people, 19.92%)
- Lasix (228 people, 19.00%)
- Lisinopril (153 people, 12.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
J. C. Fore (2 years ago):
I've been on Lantus approximately 8 years and last summer developed a rash of unknown origin. I was told it was Hives but because I'm on several different medications, had no idea what the rash was coming from. The rash got better over the winter but came back this spring. I accidentally went without Lantus for 2 days and the rash on my stomach began to clear up suddenly. I have been on prescription ointment and antihistimine since last summer but nothing seemed to be working. Only when I accidentally went without Lantus for 2 days did it begin to clear up. I went right back on the Lantus and now there is a rash on my butt. Could this be causing the allergic reaction? What do I do now for controlling my sugar?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Lantus?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lantus and have Rash
- support group for people who take Lantus
- support group for people who have Rash
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lantus, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Lantus and gastroperesis
My husband for 10yrs was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. Nov 10/13 he was admitted to hospital DKA blood sugar got to 38...severe vomiting, flu like symptoms, high blood pressure. During his stay he was put on insulin, nova rapid 3 times per day and Lantus. Over the coarse of him becoming sick, he had ...
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
More reviews for: Lantus, Rash
On eHealthMe, Lantus (insulin glargine recombinant) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Lantus is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lantus used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Lantus, Rash
Recent Lantus related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lantus, Rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (43 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (43 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate
- Purulent Synovitis