Home > Lantus > Stomach pain > Lantus and Stomach pain
Review: could Lantus cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Lantus, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 49,896 people who have side effects while taking Lantus from FDA and social media. Among them, 874 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lantus and have Stomach pain >>>
Lantus (latest outcomes from 50,269 users) has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 621,171 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 49,896 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus. Among them, 874 people (1.75%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Lantus when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||58.93%||14.29%||12.50%||10.71%||1.79%||0.00%||1.79% |
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Lantus * :
|Stomach pain||59.05%||40.95% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Lantus * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.49%||1.97%||4.43%||5.54%||15.50%||27.31%||44.77% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Lantus ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (153 people, 17.51%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (130 people, 14.87%)
- Hypertension (76 people, 8.70%)
- Depression (63 people, 7.21%)
- Metastases to bone (44 people, 5.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (291 people, 33.30%)
- Humalog (241 people, 27.57%)
- Novolog (224 people, 25.63%)
- Lasix (201 people, 23.00%)
- Lisinopril (170 people, 19.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Lantus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lantus and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Lantus
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Weight Loss, Stomach Pain, Vomiting, Nausea, , and takes Methotrexate)
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
- Does anyone else continue to have all over body pain 3 years after taking lupron depot for endometriosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Pain - Abdomen, Fatigue, Weakness, Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness, Fibromyalgia, Bladder Discomfort)
I had 9 injections of lupron after a partial hysterectomy. Ever since then my body has never been the same. I continue, 3 years later suffering from weakness. I had to quit my job as a registered nurse and after 2 and 1/2 years I was forced to file for disability.
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Dizziness Postural, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Cognitive Deterioration, Paresthesias, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus Solostar, Meloxicam, Hydrocet)
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
- Can lantus cause problems with my menstrual cycle? i just started lantus in feb 2014 and it is now march and i'm am 5 days late on my cycle when i'm usually very consistent.
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Menstrual Disorder, and takes Metformin, Lantus Solostar)
I was diagnosed with Diabetes on Jan 22nd and started Metformin ER 1000mg 2x a day. On Feb 21st I started Lantus 20units at bedtime. My last menstrual was Feb 18th - 21st and I am very consistent with a 27 day cycle. I am now 4 days late. Their is a very slim chance I am pregnant but feel that i ...
More questions for: Lantus, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lantus and gastroperesis
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Diabetic Gastroperesis, and takes Lantus Solostar)
My husband for 10yrs was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. Nov 10/13 he was admitted to hospital DKA blood sugar got to 38...severe vomiting, flu like symptoms, high blood pressure. During his stay he was put on insulin, nova rapid 3 times per day and Lantus. Over the coarse of him becoming sick, he had ...
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Find 2 To 3 Grams Whilst Generally I Was Founfing 1 To, Imposibility To Control Diabetis Properly, and takes Spiriva, Lantus)
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
More reviews for: Lantus, Stomach pain
- A study of side effects of L-Carnosine for a patient with Antioxidant Therapy. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: For approximately the last six months I've been getting a sporadic sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. However, the past two weeks I haven't been taking the vitamins I usually take, but started taking them again yesterday. Today I've been in pain which I haven't had for the past two weeks. L-Carn ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Lantus for a patient with Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Diabetes. The patient has Auricular Swelling
Comments: Retinitis started shortly after starting Humulin in addition to the Lantus(approx. 5 years ago.
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Gastritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I just failed a UA test, testing positive for THC. I have been taking 40mg of Omeprazone for the last 3 weeks.
- A study of side effects of Lantus for a patient with Diabetic Complication. The patient has Feeling Uptight
Comments: I can be doing good than all of a sudden I feel depressed
- A study of drug interactions between Zinc Sulfate, B Complex Vitamin, Lantus, Apidra Solostar, Sotret for a patient with Health Maintenance Visit, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Cystic Acne. The patient has Pressure Sore, Blurred Vision
Comments: Vision in right eye has become more blurry, sometimes there is also a sensation of pressure at the back of right eye.
More related studies for: Lantus, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (46 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (39 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (43 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (1 hour ago)