Review: could Lantus cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Lantus, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 49,922 people who have side effects while taking Lantus from FDA and social media. Among them, 893 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lantus and have Stomach pain >>>
Lantus has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 50,299 Lantus users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,069 Stomach pain patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 49,922 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus. Among them, 875 people (1.75%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Lantus when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||57.89%||15.79%||12.28%||10.53%||1.75%||0.00%||1.75% |
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Lantus * :
|Stomach pain||59.10%||40.90% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Lantus * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.49%||1.97%||4.42%||5.53%||15.60%||27.27%||44.72% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Lantus ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (153 people, 17.49%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (130 people, 14.86%)
- Hypertension (76 people, 8.69%)
- Depression (63 people, 7.20%)
- Metastases to bone (44 people, 5.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (291 people, 33.26%)
- Humalog (241 people, 27.54%)
- Novolog (224 people, 25.60%)
- Lasix (201 people, 22.97%)
- Lisinopril (170 people, 19.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lantus and stomach pain on
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Lantus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lantus and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Lantus
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Plavix, Eliquis for a 89-year old man with Blood Clots. The patient has Cancer - Stomach, Abdominal Pain, Bloating, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Fluconazole for a 46-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Esophagus. The patient has Itching, Stomach Pain, Back Pain - Low, Burning Sensation, Swelling Of Fingers
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a 31-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Menstruation Irregular, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Lantus Solostar for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Sugar. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Recent Lantus related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Victoza, Lantus for a 65-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Lantus Solostar, Byetta, Tradjenta for a 50-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Byetta, Levemir, Lantus, Novolog for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Lantus, Effient, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Tricor for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.