Home > Lantus > Suicide attempt > Lantus and Suicide attempt
Review: could Lantus cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Lantus, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humalog, and have Suicide attempt.
We study 49,902 people who have side effects while taking Lantus from FDA and social media. Among them, 216 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lantus and have Suicide attempt >>>
Lantus (latest outcomes from 50,273 users) has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes.
Suicide attempt (latest reports from 32,124 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 49,902 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus. Among them, 216 people (0.43%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Lantus when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||71.67%||11.67%||0.00%||1.67%||5.00%||1.67%||8.33% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Lantus * :
|Suicide attempt||61.57%||38.43% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Lantus * :
|Suicide attempt||0.43%||0.00%||6.38%||12.34%||18.72%||28.51%||14.47%||19.15% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Lantus ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Suicide attempt (64 people, 29.63%)
- Diabetes mellitus (48 people, 22.22%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (39 people, 18.06%)
- Depression (27 people, 12.50%)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus (24 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humalog (42 people, 19.44%)
- Solostar (25 people, 11.57%)
- Novorapid (21 people, 9.72%)
- Lisinopril (21 people, 9.72%)
- Seroquel (20 people, 9.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Lantus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lantus and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Lantus
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Dizziness Postural, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Cognitive Deterioration, Paresthesias, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus Solostar, Meloxicam, Hydrocet)
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
- Can lantus cause problems with my menstrual cycle? i just started lantus in feb 2014 and it is now march and i'm am 5 days late on my cycle when i'm usually very consistent.
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Menstrual Disorder, and takes Metformin, Lantus Solostar)
I was diagnosed with Diabetes on Jan 22nd and started Metformin ER 1000mg 2x a day. On Feb 21st I started Lantus 20units at bedtime. My last menstrual was Feb 18th - 21st and I am very consistent with a 27 day cycle. I am now 4 days late. Their is a very slim chance I am pregnant but feel that i ...
- I want to use victoza with lantus any one who is on this dual therapy what do you think?
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus, Victoza, Lisinopril, Cialis)
My blood sugar is getting higher my last a1c was 7.5 i am currently taking lantus and humalog with bad results. When i was on victoza my blood sugar was much better i am considering using victoza with lantus any information would be greatly appreciated
- Do patients that find enbrel not working so well have good results switching to humira?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Hypertension, and takes Enbrel, Norco, Morphine Sulfate, Lantus, Novolog Mix 70/30, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Meloxicam)
I have been on Enbrel for 6 months. The first several weeks noticed no real improvement, then for about three weeks I was like a new person or the old me, it was wonderful. Then I had a flare and never regained the momentum from prior to the flair. Although it was still and improvement from pre-enbr ...
- What to do on preventing hair loss -lantus & humalog user
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Lantus, Humalog Kwikpen)
Diagnosed at the end of June 2013. 12 year old that now have significant hair loss. Blood sugar range from 70's to 174. She is taking Biotin supplement and using shampoo and conditioner of Biotin brand. Thyroid test came back normal. Used to have thick hair- now is very thin and coming off in chunck ...
More questions for: Lantus, Suicide attempt
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Suicide Attempt, and takes Bupropion Hydrochloride)
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
- Lantus and gastroperesis
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Diabetic Gastroperesis, and takes Lantus Solostar)
My husband for 10yrs was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. Nov 10/13 he was admitted to hospital DKA blood sugar got to 38...severe vomiting, flu like symptoms, high blood pressure. During his stay he was put on insulin, nova rapid 3 times per day and Lantus. Over the coarse of him becoming sick, he had ...
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Find 2 To 3 Grams Whilst Generally I Was Founfing 1 To, Imposibility To Control Diabetis Properly, and takes Spiriva, Lantus)
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
More reviews for: Lantus, Suicide attempt
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, NovoRapid for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Nerve Pain. The patient has Suicide Attempt, Depression Aggravated, Ankle Swelling, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Discolouration (change of skin colour)
Comments: Was prescribed gabapentin 7 yr ago for left fibula fracture and foot dislocation. Severe foot nerve pain.both ankles have been swelling for years.was told by Dr's it was chronic edema from injury. But never explained why in both ankles? ? In last month my feet and calves have became severely red lik ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Cialis, Proventil, Xanax, Cardizem Sr, Lanoxin, Xarelto, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Clonidine, Altace for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Bph, Asthma, Panic Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Asthma, Panic Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Sleep Apnea, Atrail Fib, Kidney Stones, Prostatitis, Osteoma,p Adrenal Adenoma, Pancreatitis
Comments: I have had rat bite fever, 1957; pylo9inidal cyst; PVC's, Hypoglycemia,p Hyperglycemia; Esophagitis; Diverticulitis; Ulcerative colitis; heart attack; gall bladder removal; adrenal adenoma; osteoma of the ear canal; kidney stones; prostatitis; agent orange exposure
- A study of side effects of Lantus Solostar for a patient with Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: No ear ringing until I started Lantus Solostar. My ears started ringing that night but stopped after a few minutes. The next day they rang all day long and pretty much have been doing so since I started Lantus in February 2014.
More related studies for: Lantus, Suicide attempt
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.