Review: could Lariam cause Cfs (Chronic fatigue syndrome)?
Summary: Cfs is found among people who take Lariam, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zoloft, and have Malaria.
We study 2,905 people who have side effects while taking Lariam from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Cfs. Find out below who they are, when they have Cfs and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lariam and have Cfs >>>
Lariam has active ingredients of mefloquine hydrochloride. It is often used in malaria. (latest outcomes from 2,938 Lariam users)
Cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 2,799 Cfs patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 2,905 people reported to have side effects when taking Lariam. Among them, 9 people (0.31%) have Cfs.
Time on Lariam when people have Cfs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cfs when taking Lariam * :
Age of people who have Cfs when taking Lariam * :
Severity of Cfs when taking Lariam ** :
How people recovered from Cfs ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Malaria prophylaxis (3 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lariam and cfs on
Do you have Cfs while taking Lariam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lariam and have Cfs
- support group for people who take Lariam
- support group for people who have Cfs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Mefloquine, Asacol for a 31-year old woman with Birth Control, Malaria, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Headache, Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Malarone, Mefloquine, Asacol for a 31-year old woman with Birth Control, Malaria, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Fainting
- A study of side effects of Ortho Tri-cyclen for a 26-year old woman with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 28-year old woman with RLS. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Hip Pain, Hot Flushes, Rapid Heart Beat, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
Recent Lariam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.