Review: could Lasix cause Aplastic anaemia (Aplastic Anemia)?
Summary: Aplastic anaemia is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Renal failure chronic.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 130 have Aplastic anaemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Aplastic anaemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Aplastic anaemia >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Aplastic anaemia (blood disorder in which the body's bone marrow doesn't make enough new blood cells) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria, epilepsy, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 5,135 Aplastic anaemia patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 130 people (0.14%) have Aplastic Anaemia.
Time on Lasix when people have Aplastic anaemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Aplastic anaemia||62.50%||12.50%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Aplastic anaemia when taking Lasix * :
|Aplastic anaemia||51.85%||48.15% |
Age of people who have Aplastic anaemia when taking Lasix * :
|Aplastic anaemia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.85%||3.39%||5.08%||7.63%||83.05% |
Severity of Aplastic anaemia when taking Lasix ** :
How people recovered from Aplastic anaemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal failure chronic (10 people, 7.69%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 6.15%)
- Epilepsy (7 people, 5.38%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (6 people, 4.62%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 3.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (32 people, 24.62%)
- Folic acid (28 people, 21.54%)
- Aldactone (23 people, 17.69%)
- Potassium chloride (21 people, 16.15%)
- Plavix (20 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Aplastic Anaemia while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Aplastic Anaemia
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Aplastic Anaemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.