Review: could Lasix cause Bloating (Abdominal bloating)?
Summary: Bloating is reported only by a few people who take Lasix.
We study 94,450 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Bloating. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloating and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lasix and have Bloating >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from Lasix 95,316 users)
Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, birth control.(latest reports from Bloating 298 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 94,450 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 4 people (0.00%) have Bloating.
Time on Lasix when people have Bloating * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Bloating when taking Lasix * :
Age of people who have Bloating when taking Lasix * :
Severity of Bloating when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Bloating ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (1 people, 25.00%)
- Lipids (1 people, 25.00%)
- Kidney damage (1 people, 25.00%)
- Edema (1 people, 25.00%)
- Heart mri (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Insulin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Trilipix (1 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 25.00%)
- Plavix (1 people, 25.00%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloating while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Bloating
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Bloating
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If i take 20mg of lasix and 40mg the next day and i skip the 40mg and take 20mg instead will it cause dizzyness
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Have Dizzyness And Lightheadenes, and takes Lasix )
Lasix 20 mg and 40mg the next day plus spironolactone 100mg daily nadolol 10mg daily and xifaxan 550mg twice daily and keppra 750mg twice daily and b1 100mg once daily and protonix 40mg once daily and folic acid once daily and magnesium oxide 400mg once daily and lactulose 30ml twice daily and multy ...
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Bloating, Vomiting, Nausea, Stomachache)
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my symptom. I never had a problem with my stomach before the removal of gallbladder. I have celiac, and I follow a strict gluten-free diet. If anyone can share some insight on why I would have these symptoms, it would greatly be appreciated.
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Lasix)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
More questions for: Lasix, Bloating
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
- Pulmonery hypertension
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Breathlessness, and takes Xarelto, Furosemide, Spironolactone, Tracleer, Viagra)
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Lasix, Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of side effects of Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with Add. The patient has Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen)
Comments: I take 60 of the Adderall XR a day. I have stomach bloating and gas and have been diagnosed via a blood test that I have celiac disease. I have tried to eat a gluten-free diet but find it expensive and time consuming. Some days are better than others but most days I feel bloated and cannot stand any ...
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
More related studies for: Lasix, Bloating
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.