Review: could Lasix cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 248 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Deafness >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,340 Lasix users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 10,392 Deafness patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 94,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 296 people (0.31%) have Deafness.
Time on Lasix when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Lasix * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Lasix * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (59 people, 19.93%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (16 people, 5.41%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (15 people, 5.07%)
- Hypercalcaemia (12 people, 4.05%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (11 people, 3.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (97 people, 32.77%)
- Aspirin (97 people, 32.77%)
- Zometa (84 people, 28.38%)
- Aredia (70 people, 23.65%)
- Digoxin (61 people, 20.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and deafness on
Do you have Deafness while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 15-year old girl with Chemical Eye Injury. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 72-year old man with Abscess - Tooth. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss, Ringing In The Ears
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 62-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.