Review: could Lasix cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 248 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Deafness >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 10,394 Deafness patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 296 people (0.31%) have Deafness.
Time on Lasix when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Lasix * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Lasix * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (59 people, 19.93%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (16 people, 5.41%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (15 people, 5.07%)
- Hypercalcaemia (12 people, 4.05%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (11 people, 3.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (97 people, 32.77%)
- Aspirin (97 people, 32.77%)
- Zometa (84 people, 28.38%)
- Aredia (70 people, 23.65%)
- Digoxin (61 people, 20.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and deafness on
Do you have Deafness while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Hydroxide And Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate, Xarelto, Furosemide, Ismotic, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ranexa for a 91-year old woman with Ulcers, Abnormal Heart Rhythms, High Blood Pressure, Angina. The patient has Difficulty Falling Asleep, Difficulty Breathing While Lying Down, Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Nexium, Midol, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Metoprolol Tartrate, Phentermine, Furosemide for a 32-year old woman with Sinusitis, Gerd, Abdominal Cramps, Potassium - Low, Hypertension, Obesity, Fluid Retention. The patient has Intussusception
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 66-year old woman with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Tamsulosin for a 70-year old man with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Hearing Loss
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Lisinopril for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.