Review: could Lasix cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 94,450 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,079 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lasix and have Depression >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from Lasix 95,316 users)
Depression has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, acne.(latest reports from Depression 254,062 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 94,450 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 3,079 people (3.26%) have Depression.
Time on Lasix when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Lasix * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Lasix * :
Severity of Depression when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (355 people, 11.53%)
- Depression (323 people, 10.49%)
- Hypertension (312 people, 10.13%)
- Multiple myeloma (177 people, 5.75%)
- Arthritis (156 people, 5.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (860 people, 27.93%)
- Trasylol (657 people, 21.34%)
- Coumadin (638 people, 20.72%)
- Heparin (576 people, 18.71%)
- Lipitor (559 people, 18.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Depression
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Depression
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If i take 20mg of lasix and 40mg the next day and i skip the 40mg and take 20mg instead will it cause dizzyness
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Have Dizzyness And Lightheadenes, and takes Lasix )
Lasix 20 mg and 40mg the next day plus spironolactone 100mg daily nadolol 10mg daily and xifaxan 550mg twice daily and keppra 750mg twice daily and b1 100mg once daily and protonix 40mg once daily and folic acid once daily and magnesium oxide 400mg once daily and lactulose 30ml twice daily and multy ...
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medicati ...
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro)
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft?
Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
More questions for: Lasix, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melixacam and depression
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Meloxicam)
For herniated disc I was prescribed meloxicam . I experienced nausea, dizziness, and overwhelming depression. By the evening it had worn off and it did nothing for my pain and perhaps even increased my aching pain. Several months later I tried it again and had the same reaction. I was not taking any ...
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Involuntary Eye Movements, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, PTSD, and takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few days after I started taking amitriptyline. It's not faint either, it's like my eye is having a seizure, emabrassing. Just wanted to share.
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Saphris)
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Lasix, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
More related studies for: Lasix, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.