Review: could Lasix cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 261 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 277 people (0.29%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Lasix when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Lasix * :
|Erectile dysfunction||6.64%||93.36% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Lasix * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.42%||1.67%||13.75%||37.92%||46.25% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (47 people, 16.97%)
- Erectile dysfunction (23 people, 8.30%)
- Pain (17 people, 6.14%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (15 people, 5.42%)
- Bone disorder (14 people, 5.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (89 people, 32.13%)
- Lipitor (89 people, 32.13%)
- Aspirin (88 people, 31.77%)
- Coumadin (78 people, 28.16%)
- Neurontin (66 people, 23.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a 37-year old man with Depression. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Lisinopril for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.