Home > Lasix > Gynaecomastia > Lasix and Gynaecomastia
Review: could Lasix cause Gynaecomastia?
We study 94,445 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 138 have Gynaecomastia. Find out below who they are, when they have Gynaecomastia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lasix and have Gynaecomastia >>>
Lasix (latest outcomes from 95,308 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
Gynaecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast) (latest reports from 22,265 patients) has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, high blood pressure, prostate cancer, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 94,445 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 138 people (0.15%) have Gynaecomastia.
Time on Lasix when people have Gynaecomastia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gynaecomastia when taking Lasix * :
Age of people who have Gynaecomastia when taking Lasix * :
Severity of Gynaecomastia when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gynaecomastia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (25 people, 18.12%)
- Oedema peripheral (24 people, 17.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (22 people, 15.94%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (7 people, 5.07%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (5 people, 3.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (46 people, 33.33%)
- Coumadin (39 people, 28.26%)
- Digoxin (38 people, 27.54%)
- Aspirin (35 people, 25.36%)
- Cozaar (35 people, 25.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gynaecomastia while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Gynaecomastia
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Gynaecomastia
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed i was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. i felt very out of it and spacey. i have had blood work drawn t
Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed I was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. I felt very out of it and spacey. I have had blood work drawn today, CT of head, EKG and the doctor said I have what is called a "hard heart". I will see him tomo ...
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
- Has anyone ever known meningogoccal meningitis cause addison's disease later in life?
Contracted Meningitis age 13. Adrenal insufficiency aged 15. All conditions thereafter aged 25. I have constant backache. The worst case of striae ive ever seen in a young person without children. Hyper/hypo pigmentation. I crave & eat massive amounts of salt. Nightsweats. Muscle/bone pain. Uninten ...
More questions for: Lasix, Gynaecomastia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Lasix, Gynaecomastia
On eHealthMe, Lasix (furosemide) is often used for fluid retention. Find out below the conditions Lasix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lasix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Lasix, Gynaecomastia
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Endep for a 56-year old woman who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Lasix, Xarelto for a 89-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Furosemide, Torsemide for a 47-year old man who has Blood Beta-d-glucan Increased
- Comparions of Metformin, Ceftazidime, Furosemide, Colchicine, Gliclazide for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Lyrica, Lasix for a 65-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Furosemide, Gabapentin, Plaquenil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium for a 53-year old woman who has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Comparions of Furosemide, Eliquis, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Flomax for a 80-year old man who has A/f
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Metoclopramide, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Lasix, Plavix for a 66-year old woman who has Undefined
More related comparison studies for: Lasix, Gynaecomastia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (15 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (27 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Theolair Sr
- Pseudomonas Pseudomallei Infection