Review: could Lasix cause Gynaecomastia?
Summary: Gynaecomastia is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Vioxx, and have High blood pressure.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 138 have Gynaecomastia. Find out below who they are, when they have Gynaecomastia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Gynaecomastia >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Gynaecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast) has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, high blood pressure, prostate cancer, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 3,461 Gynaecomastia patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 138 people (0.15%) have Gynaecomastia.
Time on Lasix when people have Gynaecomastia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gynaecomastia when taking Lasix * :
Age of people who have Gynaecomastia when taking Lasix * :
Severity of Gynaecomastia when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gynaecomastia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (25 people, 18.12%)
- Oedema peripheral (24 people, 17.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (22 people, 15.94%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (7 people, 5.07%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (5 people, 3.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (46 people, 33.33%)
- Coumadin (39 people, 28.26%)
- Digoxin (38 people, 27.54%)
- Aspirin (35 people, 25.36%)
- Cozaar (35 people, 25.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Lasix and gynaecomastia on
Do you have Gynaecomastia while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Gynaecomastia
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Gynaecomastia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone for a 68-year old man with Primary Hyperaldosteronism. The patient has Oral Intake Reduced, Gynaecomastia, Osteopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.