Review: could Lasix cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Hepatic neoplasm malignant.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 625 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Hair loss >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Hair loss patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 625 people (0.66%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Lasix when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||47.83%||21.74%||13.04%||0.00%||17.39%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Lasix * :
|Hair loss||76.74%||23.26% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lasix * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.54%||0.00%||0.36%||2.35%||13.02%||24.77%||58.95% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||20.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (56 people, 8.96%)
- Hypertension (50 people, 8.00%)
- Prophylaxis (39 people, 6.24%)
- Osteoporosis (30 people, 4.80%)
- Pain (27 people, 4.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (115 people, 18.40%)
- Aspirin (102 people, 16.32%)
- Norvasc (81 people, 12.96%)
- Neurontin (67 people, 10.72%)
- Synthroid (67 people, 10.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 32-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.