Home > Lasix > Hair loss > Lasix and Hair loss
Review: could Lasix cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Hepatic neoplasm malignant.
We study 94,445 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 625 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lasix and have Hair loss >>>
Lasix (latest outcomes from 95,310 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,504 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 94,445 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 625 people (0.66%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Lasix when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||47.83%||21.74%||13.04%||0.00%||17.39%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Lasix * :
|Hair loss||76.74%||23.26% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lasix * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.54%||0.00%||0.36%||2.35%||13.02%||24.77%||58.95% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||20.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (56 people, 8.96%)
- Hypertension (50 people, 8.00%)
- Prophylaxis (39 people, 6.24%)
- Osteoporosis (30 people, 4.80%)
- Pain (27 people, 4.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (115 people, 18.40%)
- Aspirin (102 people, 16.32%)
- Norvasc (81 people, 12.96%)
- Neurontin (67 people, 10.72%)
- Synthroid (67 people, 10.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Lasix)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
More questions for: Lasix, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Hair Loss, Depression, and takes Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate)
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Lasix, Hair loss
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B12, Multivitamin, Metformin, Furosemide, Captopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Memory Loss, Low Blood Sugar, Iga Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Diabetes, Hypertension - Essential, Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Memory Loss
Comments: I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Zyrtec Allergy, Bacillus Probiotics, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Dextromorphan Hydrobromide, Cymbalta, Lasix, Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Tegretol, Gabapentin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back Injury, Seasonal Allergy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Muscle Spasms, Cough, Depression, Fluid Retention, Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. The patient has Back Injury, Back And Forth Eye Movements, Cough, Facial Nerve Disorder
Comments: 1st 3 symptoms due to a tooth extraction on 10/22/12 by an over-zealous dentist. After much effort the tooth finally came out and he exclaimed, "Most dentists would have sent a patient with a tooth like that to an oral surgeon, but I seem to have very good luck in getting them out." Little did I k ...
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lactulose, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Atrovent, Advair Diskus 250/50, Lasix, Seroquel, Xanax, Percocet for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Low Blood Potassium, Copd, High Blood Pressure, Mood Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis. The patient has Co2, Ammonia Increased, Ammonia Increased
Comments: Was taken to the hospital by daughter because of dementia type symptoms while on pain meds for back and being a heavy smoker. Was diagnosed in the hospital with COPD and aspiration pneumonia. Was put on Bi-pap machine but confusion symptoms did not improve. Ammonia levels were checked and were in t ...
More related studies for: Lasix, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.