Review: could Lasix cause Heart attack?
Summary: Heart attack is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 94,473 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,453 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lasix and have Heart attack >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,334 Lasix users)
Heart attack has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 131,788 Heart attack patients)
On Feb, 5, 2015: 94,467 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 3,453 people (3.66%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Lasix when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||41.04%||9.83%||2.89%||9.25%||19.65%||7.51%||9.83% |
Gender of people who have Heart attack when taking Lasix * :
|Heart attack||51.63%||48.37% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Lasix * :
|Heart attack||0.09%||0.15%||0.09%||0.39%||2.06%||9.38%||22.21%||65.62% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Lasix ** :
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (323 people, 9.35%)
- Diabetes mellitus (280 people, 8.11%)
- Pain (206 people, 5.97%)
- Arthritis (196 people, 5.68%)
- Depression (114 people, 3.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,130 people, 32.73%)
- Vioxx (853 people, 24.70%)
- Plavix (755 people, 21.87%)
- Lipitor (749 people, 21.69%)
- Digoxin (535 people, 15.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and heart attack on
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Heart Attack
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Heart attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Cialis for a 43-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Heart Attack
- A study of side effects of Lasix for a 73-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Severe Itching Under Skin In Lower Legs, Back, Arms And Feet
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Lasix, Torsemide for a 74-year old man who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Spironolactone, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Comparions of Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.