Review: could Lasix cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 163 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,300 Heartburn - chronic patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 163 people (0.17%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Lasix when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||64.00%||8.00%||4.00%||4.00%||0.00%||4.00%||16.00% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||73.78%||26.22% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.94%||25.16%||38.06%||34.84% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (22 people, 13.50%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (19 people, 11.66%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (13 people, 7.98%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 7.36%)
- Constipation (10 people, 6.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (53 people, 32.52%)
- Vioxx (41 people, 25.15%)
- Prilosec (34 people, 20.86%)
- Nitroglycerin (33 people, 20.25%)
- Norvasc (28 people, 17.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and heartburn - chronic on
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Irbesartan, Symbicort for a 57-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Breathing Difficulty. The patient has Acid Reflux
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Pantoprazole, Omeprazole, Paracetamol, Escitalopram for a 36-year old man with Depression, Ge Reflux, Fever. The patient has Anxiety, Chills, Blister, Dizziness, Depression, Reflux, Fever
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.