Review: could Lasix cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 163 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,340 Lasix users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 19,207 Heartburn - chronic patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 163 people (0.17%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Lasix when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||64.00%||8.00%||4.00%||4.00%||0.00%||4.00%||16.00% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||73.78%||26.22% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.94%||25.16%||38.06%||34.84% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (22 people, 13.50%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (19 people, 11.66%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (13 people, 7.98%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 7.36%)
- Constipation (10 people, 6.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (53 people, 32.52%)
- Vioxx (41 people, 25.15%)
- Prilosec (34 people, 20.86%)
- Nitroglycerin (33 people, 20.25%)
- Norvasc (28 people, 17.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Lasix and heartburn - chronic on
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Aciphex, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59 for a 16-year old girl with Reflux Gastritis, Iron Deficiency. The patient has Eczema Nummular, Cold Intolerance, Hyposomnia, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lamictal, Abilify for a 56-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Belching, Swallowing Difficulty, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Lasix, Torsemide for a 74-year old man who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Spironolactone, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Comparions of Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.